john kyte

Free Member
Dec 17, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Ex ambulance
Exp
Motorhome parking is available at Britford P&R. See the link Here under Wiltshire Council.
Thank you GJH I didnt know that,, but not any use to me.I live near Wilton Park and Ride .Britford is 10 miles from me

Reactions: GJH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
At our Morrisons I have seen a few MHs parked but it is tight, I wouldn't consider taking ours in there (7.0m). I did visit the Morrisons in Granton, Edinburgh a few years ago and found that they had a multi-storey car park, all the spaces on open ground were marked for disabled or parent and child. We filled up at the Morrisons filling station across the road and I asked if I could leave the van there while we shopped. The staff on duty told me just to use the disabled spaces (there are dozens of them) and it was okay with the manager. I did so and have done so ever since when we are up there. I wouldn't normally dream of using disabled spaces but they did say it was okay.

What are your thoughts? The last time we were there over half the spaces were free.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
The best policy is always to ask I find, if you are refused (only happened once) you can move on.

I have parked in IKEA at the back of the car park and let customer services know. "Not a problem" they always say. In Edinburgh you can walk from the back of IKEA's car park to Sainsbury where the parking is a bit tight. I like to get a dink and something to eat in IKEA so am a genuine customer.

We went to Ikea at Thurrock in the MH, parked on a double bay well away from the store and went and did our shopping. Came out & there were 3 other MHs parked in a row next to us, looked like a rally. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
At our Morrisons I have seen a few MHs parked but it is tight, I wouldn't consider taking ours in there (7.0m). I did visit the Morrisons in Granton, Edinburgh a few years ago and found that they had a multi-storey car park, all the spaces on open ground were marked for disabled or parent and child. We filled up at the Morrisons filling station across the road and I asked if I could leave the van there while we shopped. The staff on duty told me just to use the disabled spaces (there are dozens of them) and it was okay with the manager. I did so and have done so ever since when we are up there. I wouldn't normally dream of using disabled spaces but they did say it was okay.

What are your thoughts? The last time we were there over half the spaces were free.
If the staff have said it is OK then no problem, it's basically like the arrangements I mentioned above that I made with the customer service desks. In a private car park you enter into a contract to use it. That contract may have standard conditions on boards and/or (as per the example) ground markings. Obtaining permission from the staff is a variation of the standard terms of the contract for the duration of your visit.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
It always pays to be polite. You are asking a favour from them after all - even if you are going to spend money in store. :)

The small amount that I spend compared with the amount my friend spends with five hungry men at home means I am hardly keeping them profitable, whilst she will be contributing a lot more to the store's turnover.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Normally I would not use a disabled space (except if I was having a wheelchair day, luckily not often now) - even though I do have a blue badge. However when there is a lot of free space in the designated area and you have been directed to park there you have little choice. I would check with customer services that it was still okay every time though - and if the disabled area was busy I would move on and shop elsewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back