Rally Chat Sunshine Festival 2017 Upton 24-28 August Meet (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
You lot definitely seem to be having a great time, no doubt helped by the lovely weather. This event is now on my bucket list, hopefully for next year.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
You lot definitely seem to be having a great time, no doubt helped by the lovely weather. This event is now on my bucket list, hopefully for next year.
It's simply loveleh.
Absolutely brilliant atmosphere and so easy to see why it's a great festival.
Yes it's unbelievable. Bank Holiday, Music Festival AND good weather. Who's ever seen those in the same sentence?
The townsfolk have also made it too. So nice and friendly

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi everyone, with regards to the group that caused concern last night - they had got into the festival illegally and were swiftly removed from the site by the security team. Thank you to all that alerted us and for keeping a watch on our area.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Note to oneself.......I must go to specsavers when I get home.:whistle:;)
Funsters discount available
Seriously, you should see me out of the picture. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Believe me I have. :eek::D2

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If you think this is good .. you should try the Blues Festival... million times better.

Thanks Wombles for all your hard work and help with the disappearing arm band. Thanks to @bobnden for help with water .. you are saints .. and special thanks to @hilldweller for making the weekend special and putting up with my bad back. :) Xxx

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Looks like it's going to be a kracker for the last day.
IMG_20170827_092053.jpg

As everyone else has said big thanks to Wombles especially for the weather.(y)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Have to say that the sad thing about this years festival is the amount of artists using backing tracks. It seems that the sound crews really cannot get to grips with the bass levels for these artists.
Watch someone like The Wurzels and you can here every part of the vocals without the excessive bass in the background.
I have put comments to this effect on Sunshines Facebook page. Hopefully someone will take notice.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks like we've missed a great bash. Joe and Jenni have been keeping me up to date, Jenni says it's the first festival she's been too that's not been knee deep in mud ! Not exactly their taste in music but we bought the tickets to get away together for Joe's birthday. They say they're enjoying the laid back atmosphere and enjoyed the curry lunch yesterday, I reckon they'll be next generation Funsters. (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Looks like we've missed a great bash. Joe and Jenni have been keeping me up to date, Jenni says it's the first festival she's been too that's not been knee deep in mud ! Not exactly their taste in music but we bought the tickets to get away together for Joe's birthday. They say they're enjoying the laid back atmosphere and enjoyed the curry lunch yesterday, I reckon they'll be next generation Funsters. (y)
We've enjoyed Joe and Jenni's company. Hope to see them with you at the next one

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It'd make a great flora do;) but raiding the dressing up box may be required :D2
It's simply loveleh.
Absolutely brilliant atmosphere and so easy to see why it's a great festival.
Yes it's unbelievable. Bank Holiday, Music Festival AND good weather. Who's ever seen those in the same sentence?
The townsfolk have also made it too. So nice and friendly
Thanks for showing me round your van yesterday you two, really appreciated & still like them as much as I thought:)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It'd make a great flora do;) but raiding the dressing up box may be required :D2
Thanks for showing me round your van yesterday you two, really appreciated & still like them as much as I thought:)
You're very welcome Debs and you are welcome anytime

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've always loved those little Hymers!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Have to say that the sad thing about this years festival is the amount of artists using backing tracks. It seems that the sound crews really cannot get to grips with the bass levels for these artists.
Watch someone like The Wurzels and you can here every part of the vocals without the excessive bass in the background.
I have put comments to this effect on Sunshines Facebook page. Hopefully someone will take notice.
I agree but Sophie Ellis Bexter just smashed it, full band everyone dancing including me and she made a kite out of a pair of Val's knickers to boot!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I agree but Sophie Ellis Bexter just smashed it, full band everyone dancing including me and she made a kite out of a pair of Val's knickers to boot!
I must have missed that bit. Did she use a washing up bottle for the string reel?

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
She was marvellous, we have left as I've got a hospital appointment on Tuesday and lots to do before leaving for France on Friday. It has been absolutely fantastic, thanks to Wombles and all the helpers.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
IMG_5657.JPG
IMG_5658.JPG
Who said you can't take beer in? Forces ingenuity from Philomena!

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Carling! Refreshes the arseholes others can't reach!!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp

They had me in pi$$in me sen:clap2::rofl::rofl:

Agree the outfit she wore certainly helped for the first two songs until her sound engineer sussed it out though.:D2

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I agree. She was fantastic but the Freddie Mercury tribute was absolutely amazing. He was non stop for well over the hour. Best tribute act we've seen. Union Gap were superb

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
IMG_4322.JPG
Realised a bit late that we had a perfect view of the stage from the skylight of our Moho! Ok a telephoto lens or binoculars would have been better!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back