LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hooray, ferry booked today::bigsmile:. We are on our way on the 10th, Dover to Calais this time. Our vague plan is to head south, via the Millau bridge to Barcelona for a few days, and then on to Zahora, or somewhere near Gibraltar. This is a new route for us. We live near Plymouth so for the last two years we got the ferry from there to Santander, and headed straight for Portugal. However, Brittany Ferries is so expensive, and this time we are towing a car (on a trailer).

We may get to Portugal, as we love it there, and want to try the new aire near Guia that has been recommended on here. However, we have to be back for a wedding in early April so who knows. Mind you, I suppose we could fly back for a couple of weeks.
I am getting very excited now. If anyone has any aires that they recommend on the way, I would love to hear about them. We have also invested in the ACSI book for the first time, so any recommendations for that would be great too. Particularly around Barcelona, or the Costa del Sol area.

Karen and Paul::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Looking forward to meeting up with fellow funsters on our travels. :Smile::thumb::thumb::thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We did something similar last winter flying home from Faro.
We stored our van with Tommy at Camperserve in Loule for euro 1.50/day. Broken Link Removed.
He has a locked compound next to his workshop and will give you a lift to the airport for Euros 10 although a taxi is only about euros 15 if Tommy's busy.
His repair charges are also reasonable if your van needs any work doing while you're in the UK.
Mike and Gwen

OP
OP
MaidinDevon

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Guys
I did not know he would store the van, but we have used him a couple of times for repair work and found him very good. Were you at chicken run last winter or the one before? We loved it there, However, we have vowed to move around more this time.
Karen and Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Guys
I did not know he would store the van, but we have used him a couple of times for repair work and found him very good. Were you at chicken run last winter or the one before? We loved it there, However, we have vowed to move around more this time.
Karen and Paul.

So we may see you if you get to Zahora before we leave, depending when you plan to arrive here.

K & J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back