Sunlight Cliff 600 finally weighed……loaded. (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
When we picked the van last September it was plated at 3300kgs, which we up uprated to 3500kgs (paperwork exercise) via SV Tech.

We’ve been away for several long weekends since having the van, but we’re off to France (maybe Spain) for three weeks, this weekend.

I’ve been down to our local weighbridge but they can’t do individual axles, so we could only get an overall weight.

This weight included extras fitted to the van, towbar, two leisure batteries, solar panel, 2 x 11kgs Gaslow system (full), spare wheel and carrier, Jack and brace, 5L Adblue, Thule awning, full fuel and Adblue tanks, about a third fresh water, clothes / shoes etc, all electric leads and water hoses, ramps, 2 x chairs, table, extra beer fridge, various foodstuffs (all permissible for the continent), all the pans and cutlery, Cadac Safari 2, small tool kit and various other odds and sods.

Only things missing were the quilt, bedding, a reading book or two…….and my wife.

Total came in at 3140kgs. :giggle:

Next trip we will be taking the bikes and towbar fitted rack which is approximately 45kgs total, so plenty of breathing space.

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
great, useful to know! How was your French trip?

Absolutely brilliant thanks. (y)

97BA368F-5E19-478E-B4B3-EC82E986D9DA.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 19, 2018
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Carado Vlow 600
Exp
Since 2008 so I'm a Newbie
Sapper520 were you able to add the standard Ducato spare wheel carrier? We have a 2018 Carado Vlow and when I rang Travelworld to enquire about having one fitted they said that to wouldn’t be possible. I had a slight sense I was being brushed off. The dealer where we originally bought the van has since closed. Always feel a bit vulnerable without a spare wheel.

brocola

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2020
West Midlands, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Since 2020
I added the standard Ducato 15” spare wheel carrier to my Cliff 601 - I believe it’s the same as Carado Vlow 601.

The only issue was the dealer had routed the reversing camera cable through the chassis holes where the factory spare wheel carrier bolts on, so had to re-route and splice the reversing cable first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Sapper520 were you able to add the standard Ducato spare wheel carrier? We have a 2018 Carado Vlow and when I rang Travelworld to enquire about having one fitted they said that to wouldn’t be possible. I had a slight sense I was being brushed off. The dealer where we originally bought the van has since closed. Always feel a bit vulnerable without a spare wheel.

If the layout underneath is the same as ours, it’s easy.…..once you know what you’re doing. I had great assistance from a member on here.

However, our dealer routed the tow bar electrics cables through two of mounting bolt holes, where the winding mechanism mounts, so I had to do a little bit of a bodge job. Otherwise I’d have had to disconnect the cables…..electrical stuff and I just don’t get on.

If you’ve got the same space underneath, as in the photo, a spare will fit. I have a 15” steel spare, but with the right adapter you should be able to fit a 16” alloy……but please check, don’t take my word for it.

Here’s a couple of photos……..

4F2CD6FD-4743-4C11-BCA4-44CF7425CDE3.png
5FDC9D56-B235-486E-ABEA-756A776C99DB.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back