Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
The water pump has packed up on our swift suntor 580pr motorhome. well it actually just keeps running , makes a swishing sound and only spurts sporadically form the tap. The problem has been caused by a small amount of residual water remaining in the pump after draining down , this then freezes.
seems like the best advice is to run the pump until dry when draining down. we always drain down fully , remove the plug in the fresh water tank and drown down the boiler as well as pumping any remaining water out of the system thropugh the taps.
Our engineer is real busy, so is this a job easily fixed by replacing the pump, ie would it be a DIY proposition?
can see the pump under the seating easily accessible and only held in place by four srews with water in and out screw connections.
what do you think , has anyone done this? The motorhome is a 2008 model.

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
pump

hi, i have a brand new sureflo pump, purchased in error.

if yours is a sureflo, then it is very straight forward exchange of units.

pm for more details and price.

Cheers Cheyne.

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
water pump

Thanks

I will take a look at the pump, see what identification it has. does the pump have a part number?

trev

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Water pump

Hi Treveden

If it is a "Sureflo" pump, it is quite straight forward.

Remove your pump fuse from your 12 volt fuse block, make a note of the power connections at the pump, and away you go.

The mounting screws should have some anti viberation rubbers to help keep the noise down, so take care reinstalling, do not overtighten, and all should be ok.

Repair kits are available, but I have no idea how good they are.

Good luck:thumb:

Nomadic

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

It is an easy job to change the pump. If its a Shurflo take advantage of upmarket hippys offer, otherwise give us a ring,

Peter

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
Hi,

It is an easy job to change the pump. If its a Shurflo take advantage of upmarket hippys offer, otherwise give us a ring,

Peter

Peter

thank you. Will ring Monday if don't resolve.

Upmarket..

I have taken photos of the pump, but as you will note from what I said to Peter, I also need a new water filter housing as the existing one is cracked. Again photo attached of the filter and housing.
Thanks for the help and advice. Look forward to hearing from you.

Trev

www.motorhomeviews@talktalk.net

Attachments

• shurflow.jpg
    shurflow.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 87
  • filter-housing.jpg
    filter-housing.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 82

marc

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
north west
Funster No
Exp
shurflo

Hi All, Think ive got the same problem only had the van a couple of weeks pump seems to presurise then runs slowly and no constant flow from taps. From your pictures Trev its the same pump. Ive been looking for a replacement but cant find that model, wondering if i can use another model as long as the psi the same, if you find one Trev could you forward the suppliers details anyroad hope you get sorted, Marc

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
pump details

Hi,

The pump i have is a shureflo, 2095-403-443.
It is 2.8 gallon per minute, 10.6 litres per minute, 4 amps...12vdc and pressure is 30 psi.
The fittings for the pump are the same as yours looking at picture. I just paid £54.00 beginning last week, so any good offer as close to that is good for me.

Cheers Cheyne

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
SHURflow SUK-0227

Upmarket

on checking the labels on the pump I have come up with the following:

SHURflo
SUK-0227
1.85 GPM
AMPS 4.5 MAX
pressure 30 PSI

Don't think it's the same model, do you? Can't see the id number you gave.

best regards

trev

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
pump details

I am happy to be corrected, but i believe it will do the job as well as the one you have now. Only it will have a slightly higher output of water. The main thing is the pressure, and that is the same.
cheers, Cheyne

marc

Free Member
Mar 14, 2010
north west
Funster No
Exp
waterpump

Hi

Trev yes the pics match my pump if you dont want to go with the one Cheynes selling i might be intrested in it. cheers Marc.

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
water pump

Sorry it's been a while. Been trying to catch up.

Re the pump: The service engineer has contacted, still no fix. Awaiting spares , Filter is cracked and needs replacement.

Upmarket, sell the pump to Marc if he wants it, maybe you have done so already?

My Swift Suntor should hopefully be back on the road next week in time for the newark show.
Amazing how long these things take. This week I called a Granite Kitchen worktop company. Had old worktops removed and new granite surfaces installed in 4 days. By the way don't get me wrong on this , the work was in the house not the motorhome.

Will post with pump news when I have update.

trev eden

bmwtouring

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
First Motorhome
Hi trevden,
Any updates on your pump problems you were experiencing? as I seem to have inherited the same problem with the same pump.
Kev

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
Swift water system

Hi trevden,
Any updates on your pump problems you were experiencing? as I seem to have inherited the same problem with the same pump.
Kev

Hey Kev,

Not the pump. Not the filter, but some kind of blockage , mobile engineer had to give it up, short of time.

Went to Lowdham , said they would look at it , then next morning, service department refused as too busy.

Had to take to Brownhills. Really sweating on going away, this has really put us back and under stress. We have seriously contemplated cancelling the ferry but would only get a fraction of the cost back anyway.

It definately wasn't frost damage. Can't believe that we booked the service early (10th Feb) to avoid a last minute rush if anything needed repairing/replacing, and still end up in this position. Perhaps motorhomes should come with a health warning?? :cry::cry: trev eden.

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
swift pump

Hi Peter'

thanks for all your advice. Wish we lived nearer to you ,as would definitely consider replacing our motor-home through your company. We are looking for a 3 berth/4 berth very impressed with Chausson for making the units shorter but with the availability of extra berths. But like all motor-homes there is always something that doesnt meet the criteria, ie the cooker or lack of.

We went to the motor-home show at the nec with a view to changing our unit. Had a couple of decent offers from dealers. Really impressed how you offer advice on other peoples motor-homes. At times of stress this really helps.

Hopefully we will be leaving for Spain next week for a few months. Pat my wife says do you have overnight facilities where perhaps we could come down and take a look at your stock when we come back to the UK?

best regards

trev and pat eden

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hopefully we will be leaving for Spain next week for a few months. Pat my wife says do you have overnight facilities where perhaps we could come down and take a look at your stock when we come back to the UK?
best regards
trev and pat eden

Hi Trev

We dont have any 'posh' facilities but your welcome to park up and have a free hook up overnight, not any real need to book if you turn up late, just give us a ring.

Park in our entrance and go round the side and there is a hook up point on the wall plus water if you need it.

There is a very good pub 200 yards away Johns Cross Inn, very good food and a friendly lanlord and landlady.

Peter

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
Job done

Hello all who have been watching this thread.

All being well we will be setting off for a few month tour of Spain within the next few days. Sailing from Portsmouth to bilbao Northern Spain . heading towards Zaragosa , then to the coast. Hopefully the sun will be out, and we will be well away from all the ramatazz of the forthcoming election. Won't get political , but just lets say our favourite colour is Blue.

thanks to all the funsters who contributed to this thread.

regards

trev

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
really cant beleive you considered cancelling your trip for the sake of a £70 water pump.

should have bought a replacement then have the damaged one repaired at your leisure.
you then have a spare for such emergencies.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
I had the same problem on my 08 swift voyager, it turned out to be a cracked pressure switch on the bottom of the pump, two screws hold it on. I replaced it and the problem was solved. (about £15 for new switch) No need to replace the whole pump. :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
treveden

treveden

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 Years
really cant beleive you considered cancelling your trip for the sake of a £70 water pump.

should have bought a replacement then have the damaged one repaired at your leisure.
you then have a spare for such emergencies.

Think you have misunderstood my post. To clarify... the reason we had to consider cancelling the tour was that the service engineer could not resolve the problem and as the time to leaving the Uk was so close , we had to consider cancelling!
At this time the engineer had fitted a new pump and filter, the pump was left hanging off the wall , held by only one loose screw and we had no water flow.

Now for the funny bit, the only way as we could see to resolve the issue was to undertake the work ourselves. lifted the inspection hatch to the fresh water tank, fixed the problems we discovovered. Fixed the pump securely back to the wall, all worked well apart from the shower. My wife called me to look at the shower problem, my foot went down the hole, fell backwards pulling the bathroom door off in doing so. Now all I need is to fix the door at a cost of £350.
Watch this space funsters

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back