Sundance 580 Payload (1 Viewer)

Jan 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van
Exp
15 yrs
I am still struggling to get my head around this whole payload issue and fully understand it. Anyway does anyone know what the payload is on a 2012 Sundance 580 pr 2.3 please?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, it will depend on what has happened to it in terms of additions since leaving the factory.

the only real way to tell is to empty it of everything and take it to a weigh bridge.

then take that weight from your GVW on your V5 or converters plate and there you have it

it is a bit more complex than that but its an accurate starting point.

there are a lot!! of threads on this very topic search the forum and i am sure you will find them and be even more confused......;)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
As Phill says the only way to find out is weigh it. Especially the rear axle as that is where the most problems occur.

This web page says you have 630kg payload

But that will be a average for the maker and they will have a build tolerance for weight. Usually 5%

That means you could have lost approx. 75 kg before you put anything into it.

It may be spec'ed up with Air con, solar panels, auto gearbox etc - the weight of all this come off the payload. Anything behind the rear axle adds a bit extra to its weight depending on the distance it is from the axle.

The max axle weights will show on the motorhome makers load plate. This can be different to the chassis makers plate.

It can be a bit complicated so weighing the van and each axle of the van is strongly recommended.

When you load it up weigh everything you put into the van especially fresh water etc. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back