Summer parking Bolnuevo beach (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Can anyone tell me definitively whether you can park here in the summer

If you mean the parking at the erosions then the signs say a definite no at any time of the year.

Some may chance it and get away with it, the choice is yours.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Same,,sure signs say no parking all year,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Captain Lloyd

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
Thanks I was there in April and there were loads of people parked up and no problems was wondering if anyone had any been there recently as I want to go back in a few days

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I was there in march there was around 30 vans and I stayed there 2 nights ..at that time I saw the police regularly pass by but didn't stop or pay any attention.

I was there again about 3 weeks ago and apart from a couple of small vans parked over on the right hand side near the apartments there were no motorhomes which made me a little nervous.

I parked there one night and tucked myself in near the apartments too.

Never saw a police car the whole time I was there.

So I'm not sure if they turn a blind eye out of season and enforce it in season or if it just isn't as popular there at this time of year.

I guess it's up to you whether you take the chance or not.

I chose to take the chance as in most cases in spain I found the police would just inform you that you weren't allowed to park and tell you to move rather than immediately fine you.

Didn't look that busy a place 3 weeks ago ....

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We were at the campsite on the corner (Duff Brake caliper enforced stay) in March.

The campsite was full and there were 20+ 'vans on the Bolnuevo.

I reckon that, because the campsite was full, the Police left the FLTers alone on the theory that there was no real alternative.

They might have a different viewpoint if the campsite see the FLT's as a missing business opportunity.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
We were at the campsite on the corner (Duff Brake caliper enforced stay) in March.

The campsite was full and there were 20+ 'vans on the Bolnuevo.

I reckon that, because the campsite was full, the Police left the FLTers alone on the theory that there was no real alternative.

They might have a different viewpoint if the campsite see the FLT's as a missing business opportunity.
Just incase Robert doesn't know what FLTs are, they're Fairly Lightweight Travellers.

:h:

OP
OP
Captain Lloyd

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
Thanks everyone sounds like it should be ok as no one has reported being moved on.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
I don't think the campsite at Bolnuevo beach "Camping Playa de Mazarron" has anything to do with whether or not the Police move people on from the FLT ;) site!!

When I met up with Tam there in March as he says there were about 20 other vans there and the Police said nowt!

At the time I was staying on Camping Playa de Mazarron which was nowhere near full then :)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I don't think the campsite at Bolnuevo beach "Camping Playa de Mazarron" has anything to do with whether or not the Police move people on from the FLT ;) site!!

When I met up with Tam there in March as he says there were about 20 other vans there and the Police said nowt!

At the time I was staying on Camping Playa de Mazarron which was nowhere near full then :)

Maybe not (in this case)
But there are many examples where, strangely, when the campsites have vacancies, the Police seem to be active in moving peeps on (Carolina for one)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If you follow the road past the stone "mushrooms" and then down the dirt road along the side of the beach, there are plenty of wild camping spots down there. The dirt road goes right the way down to Playa Percheles.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Maybe not (in this case)
But there are many examples where, strangely, when the campsites have vacancies, the Police seem to be active in moving peeps on (Carolina for one)
Yes id agree ...the campsites definately have an influence on the police.

Most of the recently erected signs also point you in the direction if the nearest campsite
Whether you are only looking to park for the day or overnight seems irrelevant in some places

Bolnuevo signs actually say no motorhomes at any time not just overnight

Which then highlights the discrimination point that many Spaniards will argue with the police about.

I've witnessed a few of them now

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If you follow the road past the stone "mushrooms" and then down the dirt road along the side of the beach, there are plenty of wild camping spots down there. The dirt road goes right the way down to Playa Percheles.
I used to FL near Cañada de Gallego until they dug up more land for lettuces. @Snowbird
IMG_20140615_210955.JPG

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I used to FL near Cañada de Gallego until they dug up more land for lettuces. @Snowbird
View attachment 244298

I used to overwinter all down that coast years ago. Not been down there for a while having heard about all the wilding issues. There was always a few out of the way places where you could rock up without anyone knowing though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back