Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
C

controversial tootles, but probably good to watch some Herbert get a slap for being a bad driver, problem being it was probably a women, however a venal bashing still in order

venal - "showing or motivated by susceptibility to bribery; corrupt." ............... ?

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Oh dear Larby think you've just put yourself in the Dick of the Day category, "40 mph in a 30". :whistle:

I have evidence to show I wasn't speeding. Just a tongue in cheek comment which went wrong. But I left myself open, fair point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
venal - "showing or motivated by susceptibility to bribery; corrupt." ............... ?
Should have been verbal
Not against women drivers but I think they should only be allowed a TV licence, however statically there better drivers than men in terms of accidents, but maybe they cause more who knows

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Good job it was not a Disco 3/4 otherwise you would have been it's crumple zone ;):eek:

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
This 'may' have been a suicidal 4x4 driver, but we're not all to be tarred with the same brush.

I drive 'a large 4x4' every day into London to work. Usually just me and then my daughter for the last half a mile before getting home. I don't consider this excessive as my car enables me to get to work in all weathers and has the ability to deal with all climates, plus it's a jolly nice place to spend time when trapped in London's worst traffic.

I could drive an S-Class Mercedes or an Audi A8, but the latter is four wheel drive and I don't like them anyway. The S-Class isn't any smaller than my current car and offers no other benefit other than using marginally less fuel. And I don't buy cars because they're good on fuel.

Oh, sure I could buy a modern little rat-box of a car, but ever driven one on the motorway at 80? Horrid. No ta. No decent acceleration and not much refinement and not a good place to spend a 2 hour commute. Not really a fan of small cars anyway. Had a Volvo V40 thing recently as a loaner. OK, but no rear seat room and the boot wasn't that big and it lacked power. Comfy seats, though, but still not a patch on what I currently sit on. Hate to think of the depreciation it'd suffer compared to my current car. And it had that annoying diesel-drone from the engine. Too few cylinders and the wrong fuel. Nasty.

But my main point is that this driver could have been driving any car. It just happened to be a politically incorrect 4x4. Had it been an Audi or BMW, then the relevant comments would have been made there. Or an old person driving a Micra - ditto. You get my drift.

I'm not condoning their actions or the situation recorded or the actions of all those in the recording. That's been done and doesn't require further comment. But we're not all stereotypes in the same way us motorhomists don't all confirm to the idiom that the haters like to portray us as.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I don't consider this excessive as my car enables me to get to work in all weathers and has the ability to deal with all climates, plus it's a jolly nice
However if there is snow, the main reason you would have an advantage over other vechicles, getting into work it would be of no use at all as most other cars don't have 4x4 and therefore stuck in front of you on both side of the road and no where for you to go
The reason I say this is because I got stuck in the Lake District last year having been climbing with a friend who had a 4x4 but the traffic came to a standstill due to the snow as most others didn't have 4x4 and we were stuck in traffic for a number of hours

OP
OP
D

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
But my main point is that this driver could have been driving any car. It just happened to be a politically incorrect 4x4. Had it been an Audi or BMW, then the relevant comments would have been made there. Or an old person driving a Micra - ditto. You get my drift.
Of course your point is well received, I mentioned earlier that the thread was deliberately named to be argumentative, and comedy value.
Many cars have done this to me in the van over the years, but this is the first time caught on camera :D

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
unbelievable,i think he must be sitting on his brains:eek::eek:
Brian & Jo

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Should have been verbal
Not against women drivers but I think they should only be allowed a TV licence, however statically there better drivers than men in terms of accidents, but maybe they cause more who knows
I knew that but I rather liked venal.
Should have been verbal
I knew that but I rather liked venal.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It`s the 9.00 am school run-- mothers wound up to a erupting volcano state, shouting at kids to GET READY ,then still seething ,drives on a public highway pushing all out of the way.

They follow me to work sometimes and are 2" from my bumper and I can see them in the mirror mouthing words -- " for f***s sake hurry up :eek:

I then drive sedately and stick to the speed limit(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back