suggestions for Easter in Spain (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
hi - i wanted to stay in Villamar (Benidorm) for 12 nights next Easter, but they have a whopping 15 night minimum stay - how daft.

Any suggestions for somewhere warm please? I'd like a big campsite with lots of pools / bars, walking distance to a resort and busses for day trips ideally. I looked at Villasol but they dont seem to have a water connection on their plots? I dont mind where I go but would prefer it to be warm

does anyone have any suggestions please?

many thanks

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We're on La Torreta in Benidorm. There's a tap on our pitch šŸ‘
We always stay here, closest to town too. We're paying ā‚¬16 a night because we're staying longer but there's a price tariff on their website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Screenshot_20210915-004921_Opera.jpg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Easter is a prime time for Spain ā€¦

OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
We're on La Torreta in Benidorm. There's a tap on our pitch šŸ‘
We always stay here, closest to town too. We're paying ā‚¬16 a night because we're staying longer but there's a price tariff on their website
La Torreta looks good. I heard it floods if there is any decent amount of rain but hey ho - it looks central

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
La Torreta looks good. I heard it floods if there is any decent amount of rain but hey ho - it looks central
Yes it floods down the bottom part usually September /October though.
The pitches on the flood plain are really big so we used to use them, very exciting after heavy rain... Will it won't itšŸ˜œšŸ¤”. You get 1 hour to wind your awning in ect, then if it's going to flood it starts coming in at the bottom of the site, I'm always first out and move up the hill to an empty pitch. Then we usually help the neighbours move their stuff. šŸ‘

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
hi - i wanted to stay in Villamar (Benidorm) for 12 nights next Easter, but they have a whopping 15 night minimum stay - how daft.
Easter is a big holiday for the Spanish.. Easter maybe the biggest for campsite use, they are often packed (and noisy). Hence the 15 day minimum as they know they can demand it.

• Informative
OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Yes it floods down the bottom part usually September /October though.
The pitches on the flood plain are really big so we used to use them, very exciting after heavy rain... Will it won't itšŸ˜œšŸ¤”. You get 1 hour to wind your awning in ect, then if it's going to flood it starts coming in at the bottom of the site, I'm always first out and move up the hill to an empty pitch. Then we usually help the neighbours move their stuff. šŸ‘
are there big plots on the higher ground? I will try to book a certain plot. Also, my van is 8m with a cycle rack so i try to find something on the corner or easy to drive into. I lost my awning in France this year after i had an 'incident' with a tree / narrow access road in the plot

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
are there big plots on the higher ground? I will try to book a certain plot. Also, my van is 8m with a cycle rack so i try to find something on the corner or easy to drive into. I lost my awning in France this year after i had an 'incident' with a tree / narrow access road in the plot
No they're on the low ground down the bottom. Great for big vans. Just keep an eye on the forecast and even after the torrential rain starts you've got at least an hour before it starts coming in, if it comes in. šŸ¤Ŗ

• Informative
OP
OP
russ the rambler
Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
i think I'll give it a go down the bottom.

It looks like a fairly basic campsite (dont get offended - I just booked one for the summer that has 7 swimming pools, I have to keep an 8 year old occupied :giggle:) but its close to town and there is plenty to do.

Are you there now? If you ever see a large plot and think..."hmm, yeah, even an idiot could reverse into that...and its got water / elec / grey waste" then let me know the number please!

Thanks for the tip!

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
i think I'll give it a go down the bottom.

It looks like a fairly basic campsite (dont get offended - I just booked one for the summer that has 7 swimming pools, I have to keep an 8 year old occupied :giggle:) but its close to town and there is plenty to do.

Are you there now? If you ever see a large plot and think..."hmm, yeah, even an idiot could reverse into that...and its got water / elec / grey waste" then let me know the number please!

Thanks for the tip!
OK yes there now, there's plenty of big pitches down the bottom (I bet even Ann could reverse into one šŸ¤£šŸ¤«) The pool is very good

20200912_172009.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970

Any suggestions for somewhere warm please? I'd like a big campsite with lots of pools / bars, walking distance to a resort and busses for day trips ideally. I looked at Villasol but they dont seem to have a water connection on their plots? I dont mind where I go but would prefer it to be warm

does anyone have any

does anyone have any suggestions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back