Suggestions for Brittany sites for family caravan/motorhome trip (1 Viewer)

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
We are planning a holiday in June with my daughter and grandchildren (aged 2 and 1). Can anyone recommend any good sites in Brittany which have, in addition to good campervan pitches, cabin/static caravans easy access to child (and hopefully dog) friendly beach, low key playground and swimming pool. Ideally sites closer to Brittany ferry ports too. I realise that all these conditions may be quite limiting but any suggestions would be great.
Thanks for your recommendations.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Camping Pors Peron is British-owned and my wife and I have stayed there twice - 2016 & 2017. Last summer my son, daughter-in-law and young grandchildren joined us. They'd been touring Brittany in their small camper, but they loved the site and stayed longer than us. The beach is a short walk down the lane, but delightful when you get there. And there is free parking even closer to the beach.

Good modern rental accommodation available, pleasant pitches, new indoor swimming pool opened last year and free wi-fi across most of the site. Quite a rural location, but very family friendly. Oh and the owners are pleasant and helpful. And yes, there's a low-key children's playground.

I see they have an excellent rate in June this year of €15 euro for pitch, 2 people (+ dog) and electric hook-up WITH an ACSI Card!

The website is okay, but doesn't really do the place full justice in my opinion - ought to have bigger photos.

http://www.campingporsperon.com/

It's 84 miles and 1 hour 48 minutes driving from Roscoff - allow a bit longer in the van - but the roads are generally good - see the link below:

https://tinyurl.com/yco4yurl

This is the actual campsite location: https://tinyurl.com/yc4nbn4a

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
You could try camping longchamps in St Lunaire near Dinard.
Lovely area, fab child friendly sandy beach 100 yards from site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Camping Le Ranolien near Perros-Guirec, just round the corner from St Malo.

Lovely coastal scenery in the area (known as the Pink Granite Coast) and plenty of variety in the area for day trips. The Ile Renote at Tregastel is especially lovely.

Nearest beach to the campsite is also scenic, and quite compact - a mixture of sand and rock pools, Pors Roland.

OP
OP
Jenowen

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I never cease to be amazed at the helpfulness and willingness of brilliant Funsters!! Only hours after posting a (what I thought was a challenging) question, I have had three extremely helpful replies. Thanks so much.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We are planning a holiday in June with my daughter and grandchildren (aged 2 and 1). Can anyone recommend any good sites in Brittany which have, in addition to good campervan pitches, cabin/static caravans easy access to child (and hopefully dog) friendly beach, low key playground and swimming pool. Ideally sites closer to Brittany ferry ports too. I realise that all these conditions may be quite limiting but any suggestions would be great.
Thanks for your recommendations.

PM d you,,BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back