Suggestion for sea edge site in Cornwall or Devon (1 Viewer)

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
We've been away for almost a week now and both my fishing rods and metal detector have stayed in the locker due to lack of opportunity. Tomorrow morning we're moving on and I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for sites, or overnight stops, between Marazion and Exeter alongside the seafront.

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
The Ayre Holiday park in St Ives overlooks the sea but no direct access to beach, also quite expensive.
Pentewan Sands Holiday Park on the Mevagissey road from St Austell is at the back of the beach. No idea on cost.
They are not far from where you are but Cornwall is a bit short on coast side sites.
Even these two are away from the main route to Exeter.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, if you have time just keep the sea on your right and follow the coast stay as close to the sea as possible .there are a few nice places to stay not on sites but ok. cornwall and devon. lots of carparks by the sea.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Exmouth sea front, £10 for 24 hrs parking on road right on the beach,
can get a bit noisy w/ends but never had any trouble.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Thanks, but is it still allowed?

I read recently on another site that Exmouth have now put the block on overnighting after complaints from residents.

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Pentewan sands St Austell, Site is the beach !:thumb:

Pentewan is no good for fishing. Why not go on down into Mevagissey. There is a site to the right, just at the bottom of the hill. It's then just a few minutes walk to the harbor and better fishing by the lighthouse. I was brought up in Meva. It's a lovely village, but totally unsuitable for motor homes to drive through, so be warned about that. Park and walk in. :Smile:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
You can stay in the Car Park at Mevagissey for the Night. It cost me 10 quid last summer.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Marazion park on sea wall, or go up into village turn in by fish and chip shop to car park in evening £5 to stay overnight right opposite st michaels mount ,got to move on in morn though. Terry:thumb:

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Yes, carpark at mevagissey is good, a town that actually helps and encourages motorhomes!!! very helpful man there, its now £12 we were there at easter, but didnt actually stop the night in the end, theres even an indian restaurant next to it!

we stopped on a fantastic site at portscatho, minutes walk across fields to the headland and about 10 mins to walk into the village.There is a shop there that sells everything!

Very few hardstands and quite basic facilities, but clean! very helpful owners who are also very laid back and want you to chill!

Its called Treloan ..you approach it along side a pub that doesnt look like a road, we couldnt find it a first! its also known locally as arthurs field!

loved it there!!!
:Smile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If Devon includes N Devon you can stop overnight in the privately-owned car park next to the caravan site at Putsborough Sands, bottom end of Woolacombe Bay. The last couple of miles to the site are along narrowish lanes, but if caravans can do it I'm sure a motorhome can. The beach is lovely - photo here.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Harlyn Bay, near Padstow. They allow camping on the beachside there. Had a customer stay there all week a few years back - he loved it! Fell out of his door onto the beach and went for a swim, then returning for breakfast!

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Another place is st agnes car park just down the road from c/c campsite , I think its called wheal coates mine c.p..
map ref 50.305363,-5.227616 . nice car park up on cliffs by the old tin mine ,some lovely walks also a short-ish walk down to beach. Terry:Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
this will not work for a large Motorhome

OK.. this is no good for a large motorhome.. but it is on the beach.

West of Looe on the South Coast... take the A387 West up the hill.. follow the road until you get to the cross roads at the B3359 go to next cross road (short distance) turn left head down the lane via small hamlet of Porthallow the road goes over cross road... scierder lane then in to Porthallow, it turns a bit then drops down in to Tallard Bay.. there is a parking area in front of the Tallard Bay beach cafe and have parked in there myself in a car.. you will be Ok with a smallish motorhome.. it is right on the beach.. polperro is just up the way... there is a foot path come lane (to small for a motorhome... have done it on a motorbike... called Bridals Lane and that takes you pass the end of the Killigath Camp site and down in to Polperro...

the sat details are N50 20' 14. 86" x W 4 29' 50. 93"

A little gem

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back