Suddenly looks like I have 5 nights off in October YAY! Now..... (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
....where to go?
I was originally considering the UK south coast sort of Weymouth toward Penzance but then have gone down a rabbit hole of planning and came up with

Day 1 - Bedford to Whitby on East Coast
Day 2 - Whitby to Holy Island in Northumberland
Day 3 - Holy Island to Kielder nr Northumberland national park
Day 4 - Kielder to Kendal in Lake District
Day 5 - Kendal to Castleton in the Peak District
Day 6 - Home to Bedford.

I've sussed a couple of wild spots near Whitby already and possibly other than Castleton would want to try and wild at the others too.
But if anyone has suggestions of what to do near any of the spots they'd be gladly appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 13.08.09.png

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Do you visit the area you overnight in or drive on to next stopđź‘Ť

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Do you visit the area you overnight in or drive on to next stopđź‘Ť
Yep, no trip is greater than 4 hours so plan would be get there and have all afternoon and evening exploring, up next day and repeat (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I would consider maybe a little less road time maybe have 2 nights and stay in the peaks leave the west side for next time but if you are not booking sites go for it, and if you want stay in an area longer. Remember the nights will be drawing in by then so arriving at wild spots in the dark could be iffy unless you know them and have a back up in case there are a few vans here or they are no longer available.
Just head north and have fun :giggle:

Jan 26, 2020
Marske-by-the-Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toscana 715
Exp
caravanned 59,000 klms right round Australia..does that count?
2 spots for overnight....1 between Marske by the Sea and Redcar right on sea side .2 the other South Gare, mouth of the River Tees bit out of town but never heard of any bother in all the time I,ve lived here. Enjoy

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Just had a quick nosey searchforsites. There are plenty of places nearby to where you’re thinking of visiting.
I’ve stayed at the canal basin in Buxworth at the navigation inn.
The Craster arms in Beadnell Northumberland is good.
The Anglers Arms kielder is good as is the pheasant inn.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Doesn't sound like a very relaxing break to me. Doesn't give the destinations sufficient time to do them justice. I am sure, however, that my daughter's BP pension fund will be appreciative.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Take no notice of the naysayers. You’re not exactly driving far each day. Should be there by lunchtime each day. Have a great trip.
Remember it’s your trip not theirs.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Doesn't sound like a very relaxing break to me. Doesn't give the destinations sufficient time to do them justice.

Now, if only you had stopped there you'd have gotten a differernt reply from me possibly exploring the type of trip I aim to do and what I aim to get out of it, however you just had to post....

I am sure, however, that my daughter's BP pension fund will be appreciative.

I mean, seriously, why post sarcastic, shitty and frankly immature comments like this? Its pathetic and doesn't seem in keeping with the ethos of the forums helpfulness for sure.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
It was intended to be helpful and I cannot see any "sarcastic, shitty and frankly immature comments" in my previous post. You do what you want.

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
It was intended to be helpful and I cannot see any "sarcastic, shitty and frankly immature comments" in my previous post. You do what you want.
It may have been intended to be helpful but perhaps rather than smartarsed comments about your daughters BP pension and comments about not doing places justice etc you should think about how your post comes across.

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Is sou
2 spots for overnight....1 between Marske by the Sea and Redcar right on sea side .2 the other South Gare, mouth of the River Tees bit out of town but never heard of any bother in all the time I,ve lived here. Enjoy

is South Gare near seat on Carew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back