Subtitles on free to view sat (1 Viewer)

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Hi,
Hope someone can help. I have started to consider a TV in the van and having difficulty with reception using a freeview box.
It has been suggested I try one of the Maplin sat dishes (about £69 comes in a suitcase) I don't really want to spend loads of money on a fitting a dish to the roof as in the early days of digital spent money on freeview boxes only to find they did not display subtitles, so want to try out the system first.
Either way I need subtitles on the TV.
Does anyone know if these (or any other makes) of free to view sat receivers can display subtitles? or if in fact the transmissions carry subtitles.

Thanks Colin

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
I do not know if this is of any use in your motorhome but Daewoo model SV900VHS is a video recorder with integral Freeview and it displays sub-titles.
These sometimes come up on ebay and it seems they are something a lot of people still want.
In the past month I have bought 2 one at £50 and a lucky buy at £12.50 both plus P+P.

micknden

Free Member
May 16, 2008
melton mowbray
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
3 weeks
maplins

weve got a maplins sat system 69.99 we dont think its worth the bother

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Subtitles on freeview (freesat)

Hi Dencol

I think it would be a good move on your part to contact Roadpro and have a chat, they do'nt charge for advice. Look at there web site at RoadPro | Practical Products on the Move.........
first, then give them a call.

We are on sky freesat, and under the services menu, we can have or delete subtitles. So it is possible.

Do you itend to stay in the UK, or France, Spain, Portigal etc. Think about this, and have your answers ready when you (if you do) speak to roadpro.

If Uk only, then the Multimo may be the solution with a Zendher reciever, but I'm not an expert, Roadpro are.

Good luck with your research, and good viewing with sub's

Nomadic :thumb:

OP
OP
dencol

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Thanks for the info have looked at the roadpro website, Am due to take the van in for habitat check up next week and will also be having a word with Todds and will have a word with roadpro before hand. It now looks like with having a small van that I may not have the room on the roof so will have to look at the freestanding systems.

Intereted in the comments about theMaplin system as this is one I was considering and waiting to hear back from them re my quiry about subtitles. Could you give me more info on the problems with that system Thanks

Colin :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back