Submersible Pumps (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
I had been using a Whale submersible pump to top up my fresh water tank from an aquaroll, but now it has died and is not repairable. A new one would cost me about £40, but I see on Ebay similar spec Chinese pumps for £6 or £7 postage paid. A massive differential which seems to override my desire to buy British where possible. Has anyone bought a cheap Chinese pump - and has it worked successfully ?

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I bought one of these, only used it a couple of times but it works fine.

This is the item I bought, (there's lots on Ebay, as you say).

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well if it is only to transfer from aquaroll to tank it is not critical for internal MH use for shower and kitchen, so go for cheap one - or buy two.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have one that I use to transfer heating oil from one tank to the other at home and I had one that I too use to pump water from an Aquaroll when we had our PVC.
Both worked well and are great for the money.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
This is the item I bought, (there's lots on Ebay, as you say).
So was it a pump or an LED light.

Read the description.... Typical Chinese translation. :D

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Unfortunately that pump made and sold by a British company was probably manufactured in the far East. Just like the very British Triumph motor cycles and Dyson cleaners.

OP
OP
T
Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
Unfortunately that pump made and sold by a British company was probably manufactured in the far East. Just like the very British Triumph motor cycles and Dyson cleaners.
I no longer have the original packaging, but having spoken to Whale Pumps in N. Ireland and looking at their stuff in dealers, I am pretty sure that Whale pumps are made in the UK.
Having said that, I would not be over-surprised if they were subject to a bit of repackaging.

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I had been using a Whale submersible pump to top up my fresh water tank from an aquaroll, but now it has died and is not repairable. A new one would cost me about £40, but I see on Ebay similar spec Chinese pumps for £6 or £7 postage paid. A massive differential which seems to override my desire to buy British where possible. Has anyone bought a cheap Chinese pump - and has it worked successfully ?
I may be able to help, I had a whale pump for my last motorhome with a 12v cigarette lighter attachment at the end with hose, my new motorhome has a special whale 12v 2 pin power outlet by the tank fill so I had to spend £59 for the compatible connector and pump, I’m away on my boat at the moment but home Mon, can send a pic if your interested, it’s all connected with a hose, you can then decide if it’s suitable and what it’s worth to you, if so can ship it out to you ?

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Bought ching Chong one 30 years ago to pump diesel from ???? To my lorry tank still going strong. Do not let it run dry or it will stop in about 30 seconds.

OP
OP
T
Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
Just received and tested £5.19 worth of Chinese pump. It works. Nothing like the rate of flow which I got from the Whale, but it will do the job, and I'm not filling against the clock.
Thanks for all your comments.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back