Stuttgart to lake bled help please (1 Viewer)

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Going from stuttgart to lake bled, was thinking of avoiding go box and tolls
Planned route on aa route planner for car and it showed 371 miles, that's ok I thought
Just planned it on tom tom with motorhome dimensions and it's coming back at 475 miles!,
Is there a good route down for a swift kontiki 679?
Or do I just bite the bullett and get a go box

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Can't help that much with your route as we did Calais to Lake Bled last year, we went via Munich and would recommend the Aire at Bayern Munich's stadium ideal for visiting the city.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Having paid 100 € for the privilege of carrying around a twee little orange and white box around Austria and then finding out on the way home there is no where within 20 miles of the border I would suggest you just buy a small plastic orange coloured box and velcro that in the windscreen !!

The whole time we drove around it beeped about 4 times.. We simply avoided the motorways and witnessed some of the best sights we have ever seen in Austria (y)

Oh and in case you are wondering, that helpful tip came from an Austrian plod who actually LAUGHED when I told him I had a go box as the van is 5.25 tonnes.
His words were.. You British, you do love to obey all the rules .. and the laughed again !!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back