LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So we made it to Speyer Technik Museum by lunch time so had the afternoon in there,

0A8C5DFA-237B-4DEF-953A-612D5117DB65.jpeg

Could this be a scooter for @Mr Mousy ? Dual control instructor on the pillion.

8AFB7B8A-6DFC-4300-BA07-13417AB36119.jpeg

This one for Geoff @nicholsong

60964741-A81A-49A2-950C-2C0FC09B2E5E.jpeg

Jon @jonegood dont tell Sue but I have found you a bike,

3EBA661D-F817-4E98-8C52-CA439F2419DA.jpeg

3E288591-40A7-4BBB-BA33-E2631A4BC6C1.jpeg

5C7DB9A5-1C68-431E-976E-A3E41A4196DB.jpeg

Unless you fancy a Munch

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
And also a bit of toilet humour,

431549B2-1743-40AA-B0D8-647C65ABF6E7.jpeg

This was a display on board a German U boat, complete with sound affects and a copy of Playboy,

4F07F1B9-090E-450A-8B5A-09C879024FD4.jpeg

This was the toilet arrangement from a Russian spacecraft but I think it needs an explanation!

Martin

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
So we made it to Speyer Technik Museum by lunch time so had the afternoon in there,

View attachment 278204

Could this be a scooter for @Mr Mousy ? Dual control instructor on the pillion.

View attachment 278205

This one for Geoff @nicholsong

View attachment 278206

Jon @jonegood dont tell Sue but I have found you a bike,

View attachment 278207

View attachment 278208

View attachment 278209

Unless you fancy a Munch

Martin

Do me nicely Martin, thanks very much, when will you be here with it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Martin, did you pick up on the new E&P remote option at the CMT? I did not but it is covered on LinerTreff. Apparently there is a WiFi box that simply plugs into the back of the existing main panel and you download an app to control the system remotely, so no need for their remote! I have the app but cannot find anything about the box. I have written to E&P for some info.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin, did you pick up on the new E&P remote option at the CMT? I did not but it is covered on LinerTreff. Apparently there is a WiFi box that simply plugs into the back of the existing main panel and you download an app to control the system remotely, so no need for their remote! I have the app but cannot find anything about the box. I have written to E&P for some info.
Hi Michael

No I didn’t see this at the show but had already read it on here I think and yes then on Liner-Treff. Goldschmidt have it so they had to catch up.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Good morning

Thank you for your enquiry.

We will be launching the new App remote system at the NEC show at the end of February.

All information & prices will be available then.

Kind regards

E&P Hydraulics UK

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So we are about full circle and back at the N+B Stellplatz at Polch.

Got a test drive in something booked for tomorrow at 11am(y)

Been into the Concorde dealer as well and they tell me there are changes to some of their vans for Dusseldorf show, I don’t know all the details though and they could be “top secret”;)

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow back to Flair then Martin. I thought you liked the Phoenix.
I think the trouble is I like everything, or more accurately a bit of everything, the dashboard and attention to detail in Concorde the kitchen and modern style in Morelo the way they build PhoeniX oh and of course the size of the garage, Concorde has a decent garage and two good underfloor storage area so not bad either.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Chilly start to the day,

779BB5D5-4774-436D-81A4-51A94D9894FA.jpeg

That’s -8.1 outside and 1.7 inside it was 1.4 before I put the heating on:cool: maybe I should have just turned it down last night instead of off, we had the windows open in the bedroom as usual and were nice and warm.

Ah well it’s warming up now(y) even outside is up to a balmy -7.3.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You are right Paul, on this occasion I should just have left it on all night or gone back to bed for a couple of hours, anyway now in Brugge and a lot warmer,

A50A76C5-50AE-4B0A-8636-FA9F15409C51.jpeg

E5F7A94C-CD18-473A-9F6B-98F656816851.jpeg
98F64BAA-A906-4D30-9856-85106B529B35.jpeg

Even if it is a bit snowy it looks nice though.

Ferry tomorrow so I might be signing off soon

Martin

Attachments

• 3F9E78BF-42E6-4EFE-949D-C390822E24AA.jpeg
    3F9E78BF-42E6-4EFE-949D-C390822E24AA.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 3
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I think the trouble is I like everything, or more accurately a bit of everything, the dashboard and attention to detail in Concorde the kitchen and modern style in Morelo the way they build PhoeniX oh and of course the size of the garage, Concorde has a decent garage and two good underfloor storage area so not bad either.

Martin

''the way they build Phoenix''

Got to say Martin, its a nice problem to have looking for another van but if it was me I like the bit I just took from your post and that would possibly sway me.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
The problem with German shows is once you speak to one dealer all the other dealers keep clear of you. Nice to see they are not at each others throats but makes if difficult if you are after the best price.
So how did you manage to get such a good price? Is there a secret to be learnt?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
So how did you manage to get such a good price? Is there a secret to be learnt?
3rd van we have bought from the same dealer and he screwed extra discount out of Hymer for us. We were original introduced to him by my mate, he always gets us a good deal.

Best to contact a few dealers before the shown then you will have an idea of which one is best suited for you and you can seek them out at the show.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
''the way they build Phoenix''

Got to say Martin, its a nice problem to have looking for another van but if it was me I like the bit I just took from your post and that would possibly sway me.
It’s also a bit infuriating Paul, trying to look at vans slightly shorter than ours but struggling to find anything with decent garage space even vans bigger than ours have considerably less garage space, how do they do that?, and small kitchens!!

Why have they replaced perfectly functional mirrors with bus mirrors that stick out the front to get tangled with trees and don’t show you where the rear wheel is tracking on corners.

How can bits of “iron on” word trim falling off £200k van ever be acceptable.

Every time we look it just makes us appreciate what we have even more.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Further to my post about E+P wifi. Here is an installation post from a German thread with pictures which shows how simple it is.
Hi,

the weather is not so good that I would drive out the Mobi but I'm also curious and have been the new WiFi-Box then just tried with the vehicle in the carport this weekend. Here is the report to:

1. Installation:
Connecting the box was easy. As expected, I had to reposition only.

So I installed the "normal" control panel in my flair. It is behind a door at the entrance, so that you would normally not see but still rankommt good: The panel can be easily removed and then the cable coming from the control unit deduct:

Then the cable is plugged into the wireless box and the box and the panel are connected using the supplied cable. Even the installation is finished. Has a total of 2 minutes lasted .: Of course, even the cable must be hidden and the box to be screwed for the aesthetic, but there is not a big issue anymore. 2. Use: The system funzt! The service is 100% intuitive. The device works right away (no, not quite right, the box I had once briefly reset so that the code is activated, ie once lt. Manual 5 sec. Press the button and good's it). So the app works:

First, the smartphone will (also compatible with iPod or iPad, Android tablet I have not tried) with the box connected and the password entered. The box is recognized as a hotspot and can then be selected. So the startup screen looks. You can choose between manual or automatic leveling. There is also a top right button for the settings: If you choose the automatic mode, a screen will appear. indicates the jacks 4 and a bubble in the middle. Bottom of the image are the buttons "home screen", "supports move", "automatic leveling" and select "tank emptying position".

If one then selects the automatic leveling, the system and the currently activated supports start to be highlighted in yellow. Upon completion, the system displays all the supports red again and the bubble shows the horizontal position of the vehicle: During the leveling operation can be the stop at any time (see middle panel).

In manual mode, you can extend the supports in pairs. The columns always travel as long as the relevant button is pressed. I forgot to try if that goes as in the control panel or the remote control with the convenience function that the system will automatically stop when the horizontal leveling is reached. But I would suspect that the controller is also designed for this because the mW is programmed via the control unit and not via the control panel. After all, there is a settings menu where the password can be changed and you can calligraphic brieren the individual leveling positions. Furthermore, you can set their preferred language. Available in German, English, French, Italian, Dutch and Swedish.

So, that's about all "shortly".

Perhaps an important clue yet. I also tried out whether the system has a good reach. From 20 feet away, I could still appeal to the box properly. Further, I have not tried it but in practice that is safe enough.

All in all really great part. I am totally satisfied and retrofitting can highly recommend.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael

Interesting post, The machine translations do make interesting reading a bit like a verbal "join the dots"

BUT I have to ask what is the advantage over the wireless remote that you just have to switch on and not bother pairing to the E&P WiFi each time.

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Price, ease of use, no battery issues etc. If you already have the old remote then I would not bother to change, but for a new install I would take it in preference, and indeed I will.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Why have they replaced perfectly functional mirrors with bus mirrors that stick out the front to get tangled with trees and don’t show you where the rear wheel is tracking on corners.

I agree about the mirrors we went from the Flair to a Concorde and the Bus. Mirrors are an irritation the ones on the Flair were equally as good and certainly easier to keep clean which is something you do often on occasions when traveling in bad weather.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I agree about the mirrors we went from the Flair to a Concorde and the Bus. Mirrors are an irritation the ones on the Flair were equally as good and certainly easier to keep clean which is something you do often on occasions when traveling in bad weather.
Thanks(y) I thought it was just me being a bit of a luddite.

Martin

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Thanks(y) I thought it was just me being a bit of a luddite.

Martin

We actually loved the Flair, we visited Polch to resolve a problem and the professionalism throughout was exceptional, sadly we had mechanical problems throughout our ownership that we never resolved so it had to go, I will just add that it’s some years ago and I won’t comment on the problem.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
It’s also a bit infuriating Paul, trying to look at vans slightly shorter than ours but struggling to find anything with decent garage space even vans bigger than ours have considerably less garage space, how do they do that?, and small kitchens!!

How can bits of “iron on” word trim falling off £200k van ever be acceptable.

Every time we look it just makes us appreciate what we have even more.

Martin

Next time in Germany I may have a good shuftie around the Phoenix Martin, they do look quality, only seen a couple in real life at Glucks but didn't have a good look over them at the time.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Next time in Germany I may have a good shuftie around the Phoenix Martin, they do look quality, only seen a couple in real life at Glucks but didn't have a good look over them at the time.
Phoenix is indeed a qua lity item but very expensive and don't bother with dumo IM O

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Phoenix is indeed a qua lity item but very expensive and don't bother with dumo IM O

Do they have a bad reputation Dumo?
I recall a lot of people have used them for buying a panel van conversion saying that they are helpful in changing the headlights/speedo over etc.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Customer service is pretty poor, we arranged to go see a Phoenix, gave them over a weeks notice, turned up (and they're not easy to get to) the guy was not there, no-one available, total shambles, spoken to other people since with similar experiences, one guy is in n&b club flew in to collect an arto and almost went home without it. No way would I buy from them.

Jon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back