Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Going un July and want to visit the Mercedes and Porsche museums amongst other things.

Have tried to book a couple of night at Campingplatz Stuttgart in Mercedesstrasse but they have not replied to either an email or a fax.

Anyone know of any back ups in the general area

Andrew

OP
OP
androidGB

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I've looked on Camper Contact and have ordered a Bordatlas, I just hoped a Funster may have had some first hand information

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If this is the site close to the Mercedes museum then we stayed there a few years ago, we just turned up and got a pitch no problem and this was end of July. The site was ok but nothing special although ideal for visiting the Museum, I don't think you'll have a problem if you just turn up

May 6, 2017
North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
since the eighties
There is motorhome parking (signed) at Leonberg, not so far from Stuttgart and with good transport connections. It's at the far end of the car park, with no faciities but it's quiet and we felt safe staying there overnight while visiting friends. Leonberg is a nice old town too.

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
At the World Cup in 2006 we stayed at the Bad Liebenzell campsite which is acis no 825. At the time we had free public transport by train into Stuttgart via Pforzheim. The Merc museum is out of town near the football stadium but again easily accessible by train.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
androidGB

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks folks that's just what I was hoping for, so that I have a backup if by chance we can't get on the site

Andrew

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We stayed on the free stellplatz at esslingen and drove to mercedes museum, we ve stayed there a couple of times its a nice peaceful spot only about 5-6 vans, you can go to stutgart either by train or scooter but there are nicer places to go than Stutgart.

btw mercedes museum is fab but Porsche was dissapointing IMHO.

Other must see around there is Sinsheim

https://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/

OP
OP
androidGB

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class