Stupid question(s) - towing and vehicle weights (1 Viewer)

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
So, planning to take my Rapido 9010DF to a weighbridge when we go on holiday later this week as it will be fully loaded. I'm fully expecting it to be over 3.5 ton given that we have a towbar, solar/satellite and air suspension. However, I'm planning to (if we are over weight) to upgrade the weight to something more usable as the missus has her license which will allow her to drive anything. I'll have to pass my LGV test.

My questions are this:

1) In the unlikely event that we come in at 3.5t, how much can I tow (i.e can I pull a car). My GVW is aroung 5.5t.=, is it literally I can pull 2t?
2) If I get the weight upgraded, will I be able to pull more, or does the GVW remain static.
3) Finally, on my license in scenario 1, will I be able to tow a car?

I'd like eventually to get a small run around, so starting to plan accordingly.

OP
OP
TheWM

TheWM

Free Member
Feb 24, 2015
London
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9010df
Exp
Newbie, but over 10 years in a campervan
Right- just been weighed. 70% full water, full tank of diesel, lots of beer, wine and whisky, pushchairs, wheelchair, car seats, toys, fully stocked fridge and gas. The whole lot can't cram anymore on. Without me on board came to 3520. I can live with that and well happy and surprised!!!! I weigh about 80kgs so dump the water and add me we are more or less bang on. Updated license may well not be needed as soon as I thought.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back