Stuck on Electroblock - HSM-01 - Main Display Issue (1 Viewer)

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
I had this on another thread but got nothing back so apologies for trying again.

More help please ..... B2B

I fitted a Sterling B2B and finally got everything working apart from the items below.

Before changing anything the B2B was working and charging but as I had removed the input from the HSM-01 I lost the D+ for fridge and the volt reading for the engine battery on both main display and the Zenec unit.

I reconnected the battery input to HSM01 and fed back from the same position to the B2B input

Tested, B2B works, switched fridge on and it connected to 12v with engine running. Ran for a few minutes all ok. Turned engine off B2B ran for a short while and then closed down as it should. Repeated above a few times feeling very pleased with myself.

Closed down and had to remove the 3 ribbon cables from the HSM01 to refit it's front cover as I had done on 3 or 4 previous occasions without any problems. Lighting and 12v normally drops out on removal of cables but a press on the main panel turns them back on after reconnecting.

Rechecked with engine running and all ok with B2B, starts and stops as expected.

Happened to look at main panel above door and was unable to turn 12v back on although the interior lights in van were still live, and then found the electric step didn't function either? Lights that weren't on didn't function either. No sattelite controller, no Alde heating e.g everything that is located in the panel above the hab door.

Front panel of HSM-01 back off, remove and refit connections, no different.
Check EBL 50A fuses on HSM-01 ok
Check all EBL fuses - all ok.
Bank of 4 fuses mounted adjacent to EBL as an extra block but no identification as to what they feed, nor can find any reference in any documentation? A 20A, 10A and 2* 2A. All ok but on reinserting top 2A fuse sounded like a relay clicked in.

Now have all circuits back on (lights, step, USB, Fridge, Allde, satellite but nothing live on master panel display so I can't see voltages of either battery bank, water levels and can't turn water pump on.

Strangely though all lighting circuits and USB sockets are live but am now unable to isolate them via the 12v switch on master panel.

Took the main display panel out but no fuses directly behind it that I can see.

Tried emailing Schaudt and their response was to check the three connectors for correct insertion.

Saw an old thread on a forum that mentioned a 2A fuse, which I assume is the same one I removed, that controls the display by monitoring the leisure battery voltage but I know these are fully charged.

The Zenec unit displays something like Module off line when selected to view voltages and water levels.

Any ideas?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Could be the EBL has thrown a wobbly I would try disconnecting the leisure batteries leave them disconnected for a while before reconnecting.

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Cheers Lenny - it all seemed a bit random with various bits on and then off. Must confess my heart sank šŸ˜° Just when I thought I had it cracked..

Will try that tomorrow if I get a chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bustup15

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Lenny HB
Sorted at last. I had managed to bend one of the header pins when replacing the ribbon cables. Wasn't visible as the unit has very poor access and is mounted at right angles on the side wall, until I used a probe camera to view it face on.

Breathing again now as I had visions of an expensive replacement šŸ˜³

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back