Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Well,here we are stuck in Rome waiting for a spare part. After spending 5 nights at Village Roma we were ready to set off to Pescara on the Sunday morning only to find that the MH wouldn't fire up , immobilizer light staying on. Called insurance company and arranged tow truck but no can do until the Monday. Arrived at Fiat agency on tow truck Monday morning to be told a new ecu is required and would arrive in 3 days. Five days late still nothing and have given a semi promise that it will be here on Monday May 29. Meanwhile the hotel and car hire charges are mounting and we are getting a bit stir crazy...........just wanted to vent my spleen !!

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Well,here we are stuck in Rome waiting for a spare part. After spending 5 nights at Village Roma we were ready to set off to Pescara on the Sunday morning only to find that the MH wouldn't fire up , immobilizer light staying on. Called insurance company and arranged tow truck but no can do until the Monday. Arrived at Fiat agency on tow truck Monday morning to be told a new ecu is required and would arrive in 3 days. Five days late still nothing and have given a semi promise that it will be here on Monday May 29. Meanwhile the hotel and car hire charges are mounting and we are getting a bit stir crazy...........just wanted to vent my spleen !!

Condolences - However there are worse places in the worse to be stuck in than Rome :)

I was once "stuck" in Uganda for a few days during Idi Ameins days - very little money - no fun!! :(

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just go with the flow and try to enjoy as much as you can, as said there are worse places.
BTW what age is your fiat ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (30).jpg

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Spare a thought for the Pope - stuck in Rome waiting for The Second Coming, which should be after your spare part arrives with a bit of luck. Maybe you could try prayer? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back