Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi All.
A bit of information that might be useful.

I remember a while ago reading a post from a Funster where the front wheels on their MoHo were stuck/corroded on.

Bearing this in mind, yesterday I went over to my MoHo in storage with the intention of taking the wheels off and splashing a bit of copper ease on the hubs/backs of wheels.
Well the rear wheels were a doddle but both fronts are absolutely stuck on the hubs. No amount of hammering with a rubber mallet, pulling or swearing made them move! and even with the bolts out I lowered the jack to see if the vehicles weight would shift them...to no avail. Stuck solid.

Fortunately it is booked in for a service and MOT in two 2 weeks so will get them, who are a Fiat Professional garage, to sort it. Hopefully we won't get a front puncture on our Isle of Wight trip next week.

Best get checking.
Regards
Nik.

Oh by the way, it's a 2012 Auto-trail on a Fiat 250 with alloy wheels. I think the wheels have never been off and still have the original tyres on.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Last van I spent over half an hour getting a wheel off, current van has steel wheels so will the new one, you don't get any problems with them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Come on @FIDGET it's your island after all. Surely you can do better than keeping your fingers crossed! :D

Wyn

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
who are a Fiat Professional garage, to sort it.
I suspect the professional approach will be a large sledge with plenty of room for a good swing..:LOL:
I can't think of any other method..
Andy

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I've had wheels stuck on a car before, freed off by loosening the nuts, just a little, then driving forwards quite slowly and then pressing the brake pedal hard, try reverse if they didn't free the 1st time.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I suspect the professional approach will be a large sledge with plenty of room for a good swing..:LOL:
I can't think of any other method..
Andy
They use a bloody big slide hammer! Excellent piece of kit :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have a Slide Hammer, which I made as a second year apprentice, since then it had been used maybe a dozen Times. but when needed, it` a bloody useful tool. Getting Half shafts out of an old Landy if I remember, was it`s last job, about 15 years ago.!.

Getting stuck (alloy, Ford Granada Estate) wheels off. Once involved two span-straps a Gate post and a 14lb hammer!. Came away with a right "crack". Went back with coperslip on them too!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back