Struie Hill, Sutherland. (1 Viewer)

Ivan

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Heading north on A9, aprox 4 miles north of Cromarty viaduct, turn left for Evanton and pass Alness on the B9176 towards Bonar Bridge. Carry on for aprox 8 miles, over the first bridge, up onto the moors and you'll find a dip in the road with another bridge that crosses a small stream. Immediately on left is a hard-standing car park with a small track going beyond, leading up into the hills. There's a gate to stop you going too far.

If you're heading south from Bonar Bridge on the A836, go for aprox 3 - 4 miles and you'll see the B9176 on your right. Again, from here it's about 8 miles to the car park, and you'll pass a cracking view point at the top of the hill on the way.

I've parked my 21 foot MH here on two occasions, once in the car park and once up the side of the track. There was just enough room to turn at the gate. Another two MHs there on first occasion (mid summer '07); just the missus, me and the dogs on the second (mid winter '08). Wake up in the morning to views of Scottish moorland and a babbling burn. Might get a wee bit noisy weekend mornings 'cause sometimes moto-cross riders use this as a base for exploring the hills, but otherwise no one will bother you.

This car park has been used for years as I remember stopping here to camp with my parents, and that was in the late sixties.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back