Strikeback panic alarm urgent please (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Parked up at the Carrfour car park at City europe, broad daylight parked near other uk motorhomes & just had to chase off a scumbag who tried our door while we were sat in it! We have all moved out to the centre of the car park. We will be sleeping in the van with the exterior alarm on but can Eddie or someone remind me how to set the panic alarm on?
I will turn off the devils wail though.

Mike & Karen

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow, didn't know there was a panic alarm on it.

I always keep my fob next to me in bed so I can just press the clear for the internal alarm if anyone should be in the van when I wake up ... that would set the alarm off.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:( I must have a different type of alarm.. I don't have a button b. It is a strikeback alarm though.

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
I think you have to press & hold in the bigger button on the remote to start, then press the button again to turn off.

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
There is a panic function Eddie was discussing it wit a customer when I had mine fitted, I do know that you need to be near the MH to activate it. I am looking for my paperwork now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I think you have to press & hold in the bigger button on the remote to start, then press the button again to turn off.

Yep that's the one, just tried it. Made the other MH owners jump, that's the effect I wanted.

Thank you for your help swelk.

Mike & Karen

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Do you mean the fob that has three little strike lines... a bigger one in the middle of two tiny ones? Do you just press the big one?

Pressing all three with my thumb sets the normal alarm.

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
Hi Movan - I think you have a different remote to me - mine only has two buttons though they join in the middle. Smaller button is textured (raised spots but no lines) and the bigger button is smooth.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Swelc. Yes, mine is different then. That would have been a good feature to have. Thank you ..

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I just pressed button B on ours and it launched the rockets. Oops.

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
T
Do you mean the fob that has three little strike lines... a bigger one in the middle of two tiny ones? Do you just press the big one?

Pressing all three with my thumb sets the normal alarm.

The fob has two buttons 1 small at the top & the large one at the bottom.
Had mine installed earlier this year so it could be a new feature.

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:crying::crying::crying: I want a button B :crying::crying::crying:

For all of you that want a button B just print this out & attach to you existing fob, £1.00 donation to Jim please!

Mike & Karen

Bugger just realised what I've done, when you print it don't press it my alarm will go off:giggler:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... back to the OP ... out of interest where in the car park were you when the oik tried your door? We always go in the centre as that's usually where the other MHs are and obviously is better than being tucked away at the side.

captain

Free Member
Apr 1, 2014
Barnsley
Funster No
MH
Hymer S700
Exp
since 2005
Iv'e got a B B B B in my Hymer to chase off scumbags!

Bloody Big Base Ball Bat

and it's fluorescent green so they can see it coming before their lights go out!

Captain

OP
OP
mikekaren2
Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
... back to the OP ... out of interest where in the car park were you when the oik tried your door? We always go in the centre as that's usually where the other MHs are and obviously is better than being tucked away at the side.

We were parked in the third row near the tree line, this is where the guy ran back into when I chased him. To be fare all the other MH were around there as well so we followed suit. We did move near the middle under the light area (bldy lights go off at about 10pm) this gave more "open ground" for the ba*tard to cover. It must have worked as no events happened overnight. Slept with one eye open though:tmi:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Iv'e got a B B B B in my Hymer to chase off scumbags!

Bloody Big Base Ball Bat

and it's fluorescent green so they can see it coming before their lights go out!

Captain

Make sure you've got a ball to go with it, then you can claim you haven't got it as a weapon ::bigsmile:

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We did some shopping there a while back and there saw some very dodgy characters hanging around . I did the shopping and hubby stayed in the van
since it did not feel safe enough to leave the van . I personally would not sleep a wink if I had to stay there overnight . We normally stay in either of the Calais aires ....not perfect but often see the police checking the area and have not had any problems there so far .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back