Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Haven't used my strike back in a while and went to use it at Citie d'Europe last night and it wouldn't set it self. As I've had the system since 2009 I 'm assuming the batteries in the fobs are knackered so how do I replace them? Is it a matter of old one out and new one in asap or what.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also have an old Strikeback system with two remote fobs. When I bought the van I changed the battery in both, no problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I know it depends on how often you use the system, but do these batteries have an average life span?

OP
OP
teknik155

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
Thankyou all for very quick reply especially Eddievanbitz you are a saint thankyou

steveski

Free Member
May 20, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van coversion
Exp
I had a similar problem but the alarm was set and i couldn't unset it (makes hell of a noise when you open door), the system was less than 12 months old but I decided to change the batteries, only to find I couldn't get any, so I opened the fobs and removed the reinserted the batteries and they worked fine and have been ok ever since, don't know what caused the problem but carry spare batteries now just in case.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I had a similar problem but the alarm was set and i couldn't unset it (makes hell of a noise when you open door), the system was less than 12 months old but I decided to change the batteries, only to find I couldn't get any, so I opened the fobs and removed the reinserted the batteries and they worked fine and have been ok ever since, don't know what caused the problem but carry spare batteries now just in case.
Radio keys do have a hard life. When a set of keys gets dropped a battery could be displaced, and reseating them solves the problem.

May 24, 2016
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016 - this time
Radio keys do have a hard life. When a set of keys gets dropped a battery could be displaced, and reseating them solves the problem.
I've just had to do this, came back to the van & couldn't get the fobs to work! Eventually one did. Searched for an answer & found it here đź‘Ť
Took the batteries out & put back in, both work but one better than the other. I'll get new batteries tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back