Strike back alarm won’t deactivate (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2009
Bridgend south wales
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Went out to my van today and using the fob to open the van but it did not deactivate the Strikeback alarm ,so tried other fob and this didn’t work either.
Checked van battery and that seems ok. If I open the door and the alarm goes off ,after the alarm stops is there any way of deactivating the strike back alarm?
Any ideas how I can get over this
Regards
Paul

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
There is an emergency overide i will pm you a copy of the page

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Went out to my van today and using the fob to open the van but it did not deactivate the Strikeback alarm ,so tried other fob and this didn’t work either.
Checked van battery and that seems ok. If I open the door and the alarm goes off ,after the alarm stops is there any way of deactivating the strike back alarm?
Regards
Paul
Ok, so if you set off the alarm by opening a door can you then switch it off? I tested ours the other day and set it off but was able to deactivate with the fob. The led then flashes so many times to tell you what set it off.
I had a problem with the engine start block because of reception and was very lucky that Stephen Langtoftlad was able to tow us out from under a tree that was blocking the signal, not quite the same I know.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Folks call me paranoid BUT am a bit nervous about discussing alarm overrides on-an open forum.

if the OP has an issue with a eddievanbitz alarm system (or for that matter any other) they should contact the supplier/manufacture.

anyone offering advice on defeating any security device on an open forum puts other folks at risk.

just saying is all, if you feel/know the request is genuine then do as Phill D did and offer a PM.

any thoughts on that view?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Folks call me paranoid BUT am a bit nervous about discussing alarm overrides on-an open forum.

if the OP has an issue with a eddievanbitz alarm system (or for that matter any other) they should contact the supplier/manufacture.

anyone offering advice on defeating any security device on an open forum puts other folks at risk.

just saying is all, if you feel/know the request is genuine then do as Phill D did and offer a PM.

any thoughts on that view?
I think if you read post #3 that’s exactly what happened. The other posts were about nothing ”secret”.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I think if you read post #3 that’s exactly what happened. The other posts were about nothing ”secret”.
If you read my post I believe I said that was a good idea. But heh .

Last edited:

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I can't understand why the thread was even started, if I have an issue with my Strikeback alarm I phone Vanbitz to get it sorted I wouldn't dream of putting the issue on a public or private forum what's the point.
Would you phone at 6:30 on a Saturday evening and expect a reply? I certainly wouldn’t. 25 mins and OP had his answer.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Regards
Paul
Have the alarms changed recently..
The alarm fob I thought had nothing to do with the locking and unlocking..
Its a separate system or have I picked that up incorrectly..
Andy

OP
OP
paulj
Jul 15, 2009
Bridgend south wales
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
No your quite right the fob only operates the alarm system,but at the same time that I could not deactivate the alarm my van fob wouldn’t work to unlock the van ,both systems seem to have been affected by my new PIR security light

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Would you phone at 6:30 on a Saturday evening and expect a reply? I certainly wouldn’t. 25 mins and OP had his answer.
I used to get calls at any time of the night & most days of the week & would be standing next to them within 30 minutes all for no call out charge & the same hourly rate . So yes :giggle: I do struggle with it.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
Pardon me for breathing, at no time did he say it was 6.30 on saturday evening. He posted it at 6.25 but stated he went out to his van "today" suggesting to me that it had been earlier in the day you obviously know better.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Pardon me for breathing, at no time did he say it was 6.30 on saturday evening. He posted it at 6.25 but stated he went out to his van "today" suggesting to me that it had been earlier in the day you obviously know better.
But Saturday never the less🙄

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Regards
Paul
We provided you with an emergency override to turn off the system if the radio key is lost or fails. Virtually impossible for both keys to fail, with the same issue at the same time
Is it likely you are in an area where there is electrical interference? That can stop them de activating. Has happened to Stretto Boy recently & to Paul Badknee before. Hopefully some of them will be along to help out. You could also contact Vanbitz eddievanbitz ?
Yes it seems something is blocking the signal from the radio key. Which can happen, which is why we provide an emergency override manual switch
No your quite right the fob only operates the alarm system,but at the same time that I could not deactivate the alarm my van fob wouldn’t work to unlock the van ,both systems seem to have been affected by my new PIR security light
As I said, its inconceivable that two radio keys and the van fobs all fail simultaneously

Are you still experiencing issues? Have you used your emergency override to turn off the alarm yet?

If you can't remember how to do it, it is in your Strikeback manual or give us a call tomorrow and we'll remind you what to do(y)

OP
OP
paulj
Jul 15, 2009
Bridgend south wales
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Eddie,thanks for all your replies to my posts,the issue started after I replaced a PIR security light which had failed.
Neither the alarm fobs,van fob and the fobs for the garage door would work,in one of the replies from one of the forum members he mentioned electrical/radio intereference this made me think of the new light.
I went and adjusted the angle and sensor range and direction of sensing and this has improved the situation.
The alarm fobs both work but only if I walk to the near side front of the van and angle the fob downward through the windscreen and then it both locks and unlocks ok,and the van fobs now work and the garage fobs so all well now.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my comments and you offered help
Regards
Paul

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
When I had my growler/non starter fitted to my first van I went straight to the Shepton show and my non starter was doing all sorts of things I rung vanbitz at 6.20 on the off chance, and Eddie picked the phone up, sorted the system temporarily till the morning and arranged for Metatrak to ring in the morning. When meta rung me up at 9.30am and sorted the problem by remotely changing the frequency (I think)!
That’s service for you, and why I had the same system installed on my present van before I picked it up!!👍👍👍

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We provided you with an emergency override to turn off the system if the radio key is lost or fails. Virtually impossible for both keys to fail, with the same issue at the same time
Yes it seems something is blocking the signal from the radio key. Which can happen, which is why we provide an emergency override manual switch
As I said, its inconceivable that two radio keys and the van fobs all fail simultaneously

Are you still experiencing issues? Have you used your emergency override to turn off the alarm yet?

If you can't remember how to do it, it is in your Strikeback manual or give us a call tomorrow and we'll remind you what to do(y)

As a side issue of course is the law of Probability ;)

Leonard Mlodinow outlines that there are three laws, simple as they are, form much of the basis of probability theory. Properly applied, they can give us much insight into the workings of nature and the everyday world.

1. The probability that two events will both occur can never be greater than the probability that each will occur individually.
  2. If two possible events, A and B, are independent, then the probability that both A and B will occur is equal to the product of their individual probabilities.
  3. If an event can have a number of different and distinct possible outcomes, A, B, C, and so on, then the probability that either A or B will occur is equal to the sum of the individual probabilities of A and B, and the sum of the probabilities of all the possible outcomes (A, B, C, and so on) is 1 (that is, 100%).
Now Back in the real world (or our version of reality of our experience in our universe rather than the multiverse) the chances of both failing is pretty remote

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can I request that my alarm system is not a subject of discussion on an open forum and suggest that if anyone encounters a problem that they contact the supplier directly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back