Stretch External Screen Cover (1 Viewer)

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a Fiat windscreen cover virgin:Blush:

As I mostly wildcamp I don't even take the external cover with me but with it being a touch chilly::bigsmile: I thought I would put the cover on tonight and take it with me to the Vanbitz campsite tomorrow.

The cover has a cornerpiece on each end that slides over the corners of the cab doors and blocky pieces that go down the side & over the top of each door on the inside.

Even a cackhanded numpty like me can see how it goes on and I have fitted it. After a fashion:Sad:

I don't seem to be able to shut both doors together enough for the central locking to work. I have got the deadlock on one door easily enough and have struggled to close the deadlock on the other door but it's stopping the door from being opened & I can set the alarm.

Is there a simple way, it must be simple, to fit these covers?:RollEyes:

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Assuming that you have the correct cover for your cab then it should fit, you may have to under the second corner a bit to get it over the door then put it back together inside.
Other than that give it a bit of a pull across the windsreen bit.

Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smifee

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Mike

It's the right cover but from what you say and thinking a bit more about it I think it's a 2 person job. Trouble is Angie is on nights and had already left when I thought of putting the cover on.

Had some for a previous van, can't remember which one, and have vague memory of us each doing a door and stretching it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

woodyold

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Poole
Funster No
MH
panel van
Exp
many
I never have a problem , i always start with the passenger door [ dont know why ] i half open it slip on the cover ,shut the door then pass the cover over the windscreen open the drivers door slot on the cover , then close the door , sometimes it pulls a little but it will take it , lift the wipers out , and thats job done , always do it on my own , so you shouldnt have a problem . Best of luck .:thumb:

Upvote 0

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I normally start on the pasenger door, hook it over and shut the door, then pull it round to the other door making sure that it is pulled tight with no slack.
Open the other door about 3-4 inches separate the corner which is velcrowed and put it over the corner, hold it in place and shut the door. Then go inside put it together again and remember to lock the doors.
If you try and open the second door too much then that is when the touble starts.
You should be able to do it single handed.

Mke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
smifee

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks all.

Fitted it again last night and wasn't so obsessed with getting it dead right and didn't keep opening the doors too wide. Result was it covered all windows and I could lock both doors.

Maybe it's a bit 'suits you sir' and will stretch wih use.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back