Street Head Caravan Park - North Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
I have only just noticed this forum and as a bit of a foodie was sorry to see only the one post in it. I'll try to add a few more when I have been suitably impressed with a restaurant within easy staggering distance of a site.

http://www.streetheadcaravanpark.co.uk/

Site is in a very quiet location with some great walks but to be honest isn't fully set up for motorhomes as you can't really get to a water tap easily and there is no drive over grey water drain. As long as you have a hose you can get close enough to fill up with water, otherwise it's a watering can job. We simply parked near the exit and emptied into a bucket then down the elsan point when we left.

But the most important thing is it is right next door to The Street Head Inn. It is a nice comfy pub with a good selection of beers but the food...….
http://www.thestreetheadinn.co.uk/evening-menu.php
The quality (and quantity) of the food is amazing, really not what you would expect in virtually the middle of nowhere. It obviously has a good reputation locally as it was relatively busy on Wednesday and Thursday evenings in late September when we were there. The portions are a bit ridiculous to be honest, the starters would have almost done as a main course, and when they say that the steak & mushroom pie is for those with a hearty appetite they really do mean it, we could have easily have shared it between us and still have been full.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The web site says 7 metres max, I don't know how strict they are with this.

Martin

OP
OP
SteveJ

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
You would probably need to check with them, the pitch we were on wasn't exactly long (MH is 6.25M) but we had enough room behind and in front that we could have been another couple of metres longer. But there were definitely a couple of larger pitches, it could be that they state 7Ms as the entrance and road/track around the site is a bit tight in places. They were in the process of expanding the site last year so they may be a bit more length lenient.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I know it well - had a static there for 35 years! The pub has changed hands regularly over the last many years - sounds as if it's better now than before!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back