LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The interesting thing is that only specifies the show dates 20 21 22 June - they normally mention the rally period which would be Monday 16th to Monday 23rd - wonder if they are changing it because of the race this year ?? I have asked the question and will report back as soon as I have an answer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The interesting thing is that only specifies the show dates 20 21 22 June - they normally mention the rally period which would be Monday 16th to Monday 23rd - wonder if they are changing it because of the race this year ?? I have asked the question and will report back as soon as I have an answer

I think they always advertise the show as being on the actual 3 days up front and have the full week camping details "behind the scenes". For instance, this year's show was advertised as running from 21st-23rd June but the copy included "Although the show doesn’t open until Friday, hundreds of enthusiasts will be arriving from Monday 17th June, making the most of all that there is to offer in the area."

OP
OP
teddybard

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Its worth noting that the Stratford Beer Festival
is probably the weekend before

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

Just Had a response from Stone and can confirm rally dates are Monday 16th to Monday 23rd Midday and the show is 20 21 22 only

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
[HI]Its worth noting that the Stratford Beer Festival
is probably the weekend before[/HI]

Trust Roger to know that:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stone leisure tell me it will be £55 for the week, but we will likely get a couple of quid off for being Funsters:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You've got to be careful with those beer festivals where the bars only accept Drink Tokens. We got caught in Chester the first time Fun had a rally there.

The prices are carefully calculated to make sure that you can't buy full value of your tokens unless you spend a heck of a lot so you are left with unused tokens and the organisers have money for nothing.

We nearly went to the festival in Worcester when we were there in August but found it was the same deal. You're better off using the local pubs.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Been to quite a few CAMRA Festivals as well as many local festivals and not come across that problem , The ones i have been to normally issue tokens to cover beer , cider and perry up to a certain alchohol level ie 5% then after that there could be a charge of 10p , 20p for the 8% plus , depending on the event organisers , maybe the one you went to was on the make ..?. Ha ha lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back