Stratford upon Avon Spring 2008. (1 Viewer)

G

gazza

Deleted User
hello all,
Just got back from a rally there this weekend. Electric hook-ups are now available on the field 74 i think were quoted but not 100% sure on the number. The river taxi is no more as it sank in the recent floods and due to a lot of statics being damaged the site is concentrating its efforts on sorting these out. Breakfasts cost from 99p from the cafe thats for one sausage bacon egg and toast.

A lovely field next to the river. Clubhouse open at weekends only half an hour walk to stratford. There were a few tents I saw on the field but obviously you would have to check to make sure. Off to work now but if any more info is needed ill try to answer later

gary

OP
OP
voxol51

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp
5 years after 27 of tugging
hello all,
Just got back from a rally there this weekend. Electric hook-ups are now available on the field 74 i think were quoted, gary

hi y'all,
Gary is both right and wrong.
Riverside Park have 3 rally fields. The dearer riverside field has indeed got hook ups. I have booked the cheaper Rayford field which is 100 yds from the river, and has only 2 hook ups available at the far end of the field, usually for the use of rally marshalls.
I will not get involved in who uses these 2 hook ups, but if only used for charging batteries, I'm sure that if anybody has a couple of 3 way splitters, loved so much by the French and Germans, we could possibly feed 6 units.

The other part of Gary's post is also correct.
Due to this years floods, the river taxi suffered considerable damage, and it is doubtfull that it will be back in service.

Voxy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
hi y'all,
Gary is both right and wrong.
Riverside Park have 3 rally fields. The dearer riverside field has indeed got hook ups. I have booked the cheaper Rayford field which is 100 yds from the river, and has only 2 hook ups available at the far end of the field, usually for the use of rally marshalls.
I will not get involved in who uses these 2 hook ups, but if only used for charging batteries, I'm sure that if anybody has a couple of 3 way splitters, loved so much by the French and Germans, we could possibly feed 6 units.

The other part of Gary's post is also correct.
Due to this years floods, the river taxi suffered considerable damage, and it is doubtfull that it will be back in service.

Voxy

Would be great if we could just have an elec feed at night to the communal gazebo? Anything else I'm sure we can cope with!:thumb:

OP
OP
voxol51

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp
ok, just looked on their site, says no tents or trailer tents??????
Think that may count us out then:Sad:
must be a no canvas thing as it also states no gazebos allowed
sorry guys, gutted

Just had word from Riverside owners.

Tents and tr. tents are ok on the rally fields, not a problem.

Voxy.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Voxy

Just had a look through all your replies, and these are the people that said they would like to go:

Jimjam
RockieRV/kands
Suzy/Bryan
The Poor Relations
Stew

:Smile:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sharon, All names of interested parties to date have already been added to the calendar, take a look and see if you think I've missed anyone, thanks ::bigsmile:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Sharon, All names of interested parties to date have already been added to the calendar, take a look and see if you think I've missed anyone, thanks ::bigsmile:

:roflmto:I must pay attention to detail - I looked yesterday (at least I thought it was yesterday:Sad:) and there were no details at all on there.

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Gadzooks! Sounds like fun!

This sounds great! Lovw Stratford. Have just joined today and already it looks like we can mayby start filling in some blanks for next year!
We have a 17 year old Elddis Autoquest 320 which we are just trading in for a Swift Freestyle which we should have by the end of next week so we should be on the road again soon
Freestyle:thumb:

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
This sounds great! Lovw Stratford. Have just joined today and already it looks like we can mayby start filling in some blanks for next year!
We have a 17 year old Elddis Autoquest 320 which we are just trading in for a Swift Freestyle which we should have by the end of next week so we should be on the road again soon

Welcome Freestyle! Are you going to join us at Stratford then?:winky:
Lots of other meets/shows etc on calendar right through to middle of next year for you to take a look at.........

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Thanks!

Thanks for the greeting Sharon. All being well we should be able to confirm in the next week. Am looking at the other dates now

OP
OP
voxol51

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp

welcome to the forum, and hopefully, welcome to the stratford get together, the more the merrier.

Voxy

OP
OP
voxol51

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp
PANIC STATIONS !!
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR THIS GET TOGETHER ARE NOW
FRIDAY 25TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

In the past, the Birthday celebrations have always been held on the weekend AFTER St Georges Day.
Stratford Council in their wisdom announced the 2008 celebration would br brought forward a week, the weekend BEFORE St Georges Day, so I booked the rally field for the weekend before St Georges day, 2008.
The Shakespeare Trust have now just released the dates for 2008 as reverting to the normal weekend, the one AFTER St Georges day!!!!

A few hectic phone calls this morning, trying to make sure which weekend the celebrations will be, and I have managed to change the dates with Riverside Park.

I'm sorry if this causes diary problems with some of you, but in the words of a politician, "It ain't my fault"

Voxy.

NOW
FRIDAY 25TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

Last edited:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Now I am confused - Friday 35th? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PANIC STATIONS !!
PLEASE NOTE THE DATES FOR THIS GET TOGETHER ARE NOW
FRIDAY 35TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

In the past, the Birthday celebrations have always been held on the weekend AFTER St Georges Day.
Stratford Council in their wisdom announced the 2008 celebration would br brought forward a week, the weekend BEFORE St Georges Day, so I booked the rally field for the weekend before St Georges day, 2008.
The Shakespeare Trust have now just released the dates for 2008 as reverting to the normal weekend, the one AFTER St Georges day!!!!

A few hectic phone calls this morning, trying to make sure which weekend the celebrations will be, and I have managed to change the dates with Riverside Park.

I'm sorry if this causes diary problems with some of you, but in the words of a politician, "It ain't my fault"

Voxy.

NOW
FRIDAY 35TH APRIL TO MONDAY 28TH APRIL.

OP
OP
voxol51

voxol51

Free Member
Sep 26, 2007
Shakespeare county
Funster No
MH
low profile/garage
Exp
Now I am confused - Friday 35th? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oops, sorry, slip of the finger. 25th to 28th (edit now made)

As the new date will affect people, can I be a real pain and ask to start the bookings again.

If you would like to attend the get together, please email me with your name(s), which forum you use, and expected duration of stay to;

laizin5@ntlworld.com

Thanks,
Voxy.

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
OK, I have removed this meet from the calendar to allow someone else to propose it should they want to. Anyone who is still interested in attending should as Voxy suggests, contact him.

Unfortunately Bryan and I will be at the Peterboro show and so cannot attend.

Really sorry for an confusion, unfortunately these things happen.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We could have had it on the 32nd to the 35th after Peterborough:ROFLMAO:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi.
just had a look on their website.
i know this meet is on the rally field but................
if you book on the regular pitchs it,s £30 per night, for a serviced pitch, for anything over 6mtr in length.:Eeek::Eeek:
might as well stay in a B+B.

john.

hi john...this year we payed £6 on the rally field next year i believe its £7 & its a great place to stay...we had a lovely time and i will be attending the next one too..hope you can make it john 'n' shirl...hopefully i will get to meet a few from this forum....new friends & all that....sammx

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Oops, sorry, slip of the finger. 25th to 28th (edit now made)

As the new date will affect people, can I be a real pain and ask to start the bookings again.

If you would like to attend the get together, please email me with your name(s), which forum you use, and expected duration of stay to;

laizin5@ntlworld.com

Thanks,
Voxy.

Hi Voxol,
We hope to attend, but we cannot confirm until nearer the time:Smile:
I think a few from Wildcamping will be coming as previously stated!:thumb:
regards Graham & Kath:thumb:

Last edited:
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Voxol

Will you be putting this new date on the calendar (the fact it is the same time as peterborough show just gives others a choice) so we can see who is going from this forum?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back