Rally Chat Stratford Upon Avon River Festival & Car Boot Sale Rally 29 June - 2 July 2018 (1 Viewer)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
What a great rally,Thank you Karen&Alan Chris &Alice Derek & Mary.
Stratford Festival was fantastic.Hope to meet up again soon.Everyone was so friendly Thank you all
I have to echo those sentiments. No one could work harder so that rallys go smoothly than Karen and Alan so our thanks to you for all you do. I can't beleive that after all that effort each time it's a case of, "OK, where's the next one!" :hot:

Wyn

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Home safe and unpacked and showered. My face was like a lobster by the time I got home , with the heat. Thankyou @Wombles and the other marshall's for all your hard work to make the rally a success. I had a wonderful time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We’re home safe and sound too. Thanks again @Wombles Alan and Karen for all your organisation and to everyone who came and shared. For those of you at the quiz last night, you may recall a debate about “which organisation is responsible for maintaining a database of drivers in GB” . We allowed DVLA and Also DVSA, and we went change that. But as I’d never heard of DVSA I looked up what they did. This is from DVLA / DVSA website:

What the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency does
We carry out driving tests, approve people to be driving instructors and MOT testers, carry out tests to make sure lorries and buses are safe to drive, carry out roadside checks on drivers and vehicles, and monitor vehicle recalls.

What the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency does
We’re the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), holding over 48 million driver records and over 40 million vehicle records. We collect around £6 billion a year in vehicle excise duty (VED).

DVLA is an executive agency, sponsored by the Department for Transport.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
What the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency does
We carry out driving tests, approve people to be driving instructors and MOT testers, carry out tests to make sure lorries and buses are safe to drive, carry out roadside checks on drivers and vehicles, and monitor vehicle recalls.

What the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency does
We’re the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), holding over 48 million driver records and over 40 million vehicle records. We collect around £6 billion a year in vehicle excise duty (VED).

I knew this but did not want to undermine the lady who said it had changed.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back home, catching up now & getting organised for the next ones :Grin:
Thank you to all that joined us for not only for all your kind words but also for your camaraderie & offers of help - it is all much appreciated.

Would like to say a huge :ta: too @Chrysalis Chris & Alice, @Badknee Paul & Angela & @emmitdb Derek & Mary who made it all possible & did much more than helping with arrivals. It was our first time working together & we are looking forward to doing it all again at Lymington Seafood Festival Rally with a few extra lovely Marshals too!
A special mention @LARRY99 for his kindness & including us in the fish & chip run - they were marvellous at the end of a long busy day (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you again to all those who rounded up their rally payment - we received an extra £46 :hi5: that has now been donated to Cancer Research UK .

Attachments

• Stratford River Festival 2018 Donation Cancer Research UK (1).pdf
    319.3 KB · Views: 8

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Funsters,

I have received a Letter from Prostate Cancer UK arising from the monies raised from the Book stall, the Auction a Teddy, and the generous donation of £25 from a member of RVOC, as a result of the sale of a Genny, at Stratford River Rally.
This total does NOT include the monies raised from the sale of a thermal windscreen cover kindly donated by @Kaerann. That amount will be included in the donation arising from our rally at Ebdon Bow.

Stratford Prostate £70.65.jpg

Thank you very much.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are hoping to run a rally for the River Festival weekend in 2019 as we enjoyed it, there is still so much more to see & do there & lots of you have asked us to do this one again :) The dates for your diaries is 6-7 July so the rally would run from 5th July but lots to double check & confirm before we open bookings for Fun & RVOC. We will alert everyone that booked this year via the booking thread once it has been posted on the forums.

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Hi Karen and Alan, please add us too! I’m sure Knight Templar would be interested in attending as well now he has a new Motorhome.
Peter and Linda.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
not been before, but I would also definitely be interested. Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back