Stratford thanks, Amanda, Bob, Jane, Kate, Champers, (2 Viewers)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thank you to everyone for making Stratford a wonderful time.

A special thanks to Amanda (ambilkate) for her invite to her party. We had a wonderful time and the spread put on by the funsters was well, special. Thank you to my wife for mixing the wonderful cocktails and thank you to myself for serving & drinking them :Blush:
and an 8.2 mile run this morning certainly not advisable after the pink gin :Blush:

Thank's Bob & Jane for marshalling it, thank you is the least we can say for your organisation.

Met some wonderful new funsters this weekend, great to meet stitch up and the cider bloke as well as some old ones, especially Old mo who seems to of got younger since I last met him.

A very special thanks to our friends Champers, it was a wonderful hangover :thumb:

Hope Jeff and Michelle enjoy their new van.:thumb::thumb:

Off to watch the football now and happy daze :thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Stratford Rally 2012

Hi Bob & Jane, We are home in W Sussex and hardly a cloud in the sky now it's all over, thanks for everything as usual a great meet with all the Funsters.

Amanda (Ambilkate) your birthday party in the Marquee will stay in our memories, what a good time we all had.

Didn't have the opportunity for a personal goodbye to Brisey and Pamelaaaaar hope to meet up again soon.

Off to unpack the van now :thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We eventually arrived home safe and sound on the East coast around 6.30pm!
Now we are home the good weather will return and you will all be pleased to hear we are not attending any rallies until Pickering in October so prepare yourself for lots of sunny rallies in between :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Tried to say goodbye to everyone but some had already gone and others were having a last look round the "show" (i.e. all 10 stalls:ROFLMAO:)
Thanks to all who made the Stratford rally enjoyable and thanks for the great party Amanda, all I have to do now is book Tony in for a Detox.........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Have a good summer
Jacky

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
We would also like to thank everybody for the nice weekend, and for inviting us to the birthday party, we hope Amanda had a nice birthday. Thanks also to Paul and Nicky and Jon and Shell (on the phone) in advising us on our new mh, just 1 word of complaint I only went to have a look around stratford and buy some LED lights. :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Big up to Bob Jane, 'manda, Kate and Bill !!!!

Oh, and if anyone one wants a really fantastic, versatile, classy set of pushbike panniers, I think Kate has ONE set left !!!

bargain of the whole 10 days !!!!

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Stratford thanks

well just got home van emptied time to chill now.but a big thank to amanda and mum and dad for a wonderful time and a great party. and a big happy birthday to amanda,from stuart and kathy.oh nearly forgot a big thanks to bob and jane for there bacon rolls.had a great time thank u all.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Stratford itself is special but The Big Party was something else, we were one huge happy family.

A meet we'll all remember for a long time.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A big thanks too from Rita and I, to Bob & Jane, and Brian & Joyce for all their efforts to make our time at Stratford and enjoyable one.

A special thanks must got to Amanda, Bill & Kate for inviting us all to celebrate Amanda's 30th Birthday, and to all their helpers who mucked in all sorts of ways, to make sure that it would be a special day.............and it was. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks to all of you.

Best regards,

Jock & Rita.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
A very big thank you to Bob and Jayne, as always superbly organised

Stratford has been a superb event, what a pleasure to be in such good surroundings with such a nice group of people, so nice to meet previously met Funsters and new Funsters

Alan and Lynda

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Special mention to Cheyne for dragging my sorry arse outa the mud this morning !!

I am starting to think I can get the van stuck almost anywhere !!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We'll be packing up to leave in an hour or so, so before we do.

Thanks to Bob & Jane and Brian & Joyce for the marshalling and (with their helpers) for the bacon rolls.

Thanks to Amanda, Kath & Bill for the party.

Thanks to Carol & Eddie for the CCC (Carol's Cycling Club) .

Thanks to all the Funsters for another great meeting.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Well - it's all been said, but I would just like to add our thanks too. Just imagine a rally without marshalls. It would just be a disorganised, chaotic mess. So I would just like the marshalls to know that you are really appreciated for your good imaginations and hard work. Thank you once more Bob, Jane, Brian, Joyce, Kate and Bill and anybody else worthy of thanks whom I've neglected to mention. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We too had a great time at Stratford, our thanks to.

Amanda for a great birthday party.:clap::clap:
Bill & Kate for all of their hard work:clap::clap:
Bob & Jane for marshaling and providing the Funster Marquee:clap::clap:
Brian & Joyce our assistant marshals:clap::clap:
Carol & Eddie for organising the bike ride:clap::clap:
Paul & Nikki for the cocktails:clap::clap:
The Makems & the Boyo's for the musical entertainment:clap::clap:
and lastly to all of the Funsters for making it such a memorable occasion.

We have attended 2 great Funster meets on consecutive weekends, we are going for the hat trick at Shrewsbury.
See you there

Brisey & Pam.

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thanks to all

thanks to Bob and Jane :thumb:
thanks also to Amanda for the invite to the birthday party:thumb::thumb:
also thanks to all who got me to change my forum name :roflmto::roflmto: TheHat is now up and running:Eeek::Eeek::hardhat:
also like to thank Jim for changing my name at the time
Bill

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Must also say thank you to all the same people as mentioned in the posts above. Brilliant organisation from Bob and Jayne, brilliant bike ride by Carol and Eddie, SUPERB party from Amanda and mum and dad, lovely to meet up with Nannyjan again after our numerous failed attempts, delicious Welsh cakes from the lovely PeterH - nicest man on the planet - great company and laughs from Lily, Alan and Linda and entertainment from Mike, Chris and supporting band..... too many to continue naming individually but thank you all.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Arrived back down Brixham about 2-30pm.. Nice easy run.. for a change with no hold up`s.. ::bigsmile:

We would like to thank Bob & Jayne for the warm welcome...:thumb:

And good to meet some "Funsters" we have not seen for a few years and all those we originally met at the "Marjal" Rally..

A special thankyou to Amanda for the invite to her birthday party. It was a good evening.. :thumb:.. Leave the "Cider" for the farmers to drink Amanda, and try some Spanish Sweet Wine,, you wont have a hangover with that...:winky:

Hope your feeling better Amanda.... :thumb:

Thanks to every one concerned in the organising...

Maurice,Judy & Paul..

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Sratford

:thumb::thumb: We must say thank to Jim and Sian for stickers although we havent got our van, also to everyone who made us welcome on our first meet even if it was only for the day and we thank everyone who contriibuted to Amanda party spread and was very pleased to be invited also enjoyed the pink gin. Special thanks to Silkcut and Kath who is going to take a look at a van for us. Hope to see you all at Malvern hoping it wont be a day trip.
Many thanks from Dave and Polly.:thumb::thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Many thanks to Bob & Jane for all their hard work and patience in organising another great get-together.

Special thanks to Amanda (and Kate & Bill) for inviting us all to her wonderful party.

And, of course, thanks to all the Funsters for a lively time! ::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well what can we say, going back to when we first posted the thread for Stratford Show, and all the negative posts about the show being cr*p and a waste of time and money, and then having to have a thread on 'Why I'm not going to Stratford'. :RollEyes::Doh:

All I can say is we had 75 vans attend and 76 raffle tickets were sold. :thumb:

1st £30 SPUD'N'T
2nd £20 Laneside
3rd £10 destination unknown
4th £10 jerkins
5th £6 bungy

Many thanks to Joyce and Brian for being assistant marshals and supplying gallons of tea / coffee and rock cakes. :thumb:
Many thanks to the bacon roll team and for supplying the cadacs . :thumb:
Many thanks to Judy the better half of Old Mo for taking Jane to Tesco for the half a tonne of bacon and all the rolls.:thumb:
Many thanks to all the gang that provided the music and singing.:thumb:
:winky: And that includes the funsters choir. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Many thanks to all the hard work and stress Kate and Bill went though organising Amanda's party. :thumb:

But most of all everyone that attended this rally. :thumb: Its the members that make a great rally or meet we just try and hold it all together, and we have never been to a bad rally at Stratford, wet or dry we always have fun, and Stratford has the extra bonus of its location. :thumb:
And yes the show is cr*p, but we never went for the show. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But what a week we had, great company and lots of laughs, thanks everyone, and you know what they say..................Don't knock it until you have tried it. :winky: :thumb:

Hope to see loads of you at Rutland or Malvern. :thumb: Bob, Jane and Izzy

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
Many thanks to Bob and Jane, we had a great weekend, and yes she did manage to spend the £30 before the end of the show :Doh:

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
Thanks' to everyone

Just to add our thanks to all who made Stratford show so great, Just one thing though....How come Joyce and Brian drank 3/4 of my monthly wine supply in three days when they never made us one cup of tea or coffee..........I've just been told that they did make me a cup of coffee...or was it tea after Amanda's party, forgotten that one, must have still been suffering from the night before.
Catch up again at Malvern, not going to Shrewsbury, we only live 25 miles away but we are going on a dancing weekend in Street.
Shirl and Rob

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We would just like to add our thanks to Bob & Jane and Brian & Joyce for another super rally at Stratford, we always enjoy this one regardless of the show good to meet up with old friends and meet new ones.

Also a big thank you to Amanda for shareing her birthday with us, we really enjoyed it. Carol & Eddie.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Bob & Jane? Now which couple were they?:winky:

Thanks Bob & Jane
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We had a fab time.
This was our first show rally and we would like to thank everybody for making us so welcome.
The marshalls deserve special thanks for all their hard work but the Funsters themselves make the experience so special.
We spoke to the guy on the Borders Leisure stand who said he had walked back through the site on Saturday night when we were in full swing while as far as as the rest of the place was concerned he'd seen more life in a tramp's vest.
Can't wait for Rutland Water!
Mike and Gwen

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Stratford

This was our first visit to Stratford, as was Wrenbury as well and neither meet disappointed.

We had a FANTASTIC time:thumb::thumb: and our thanks, like the previous posts go to

BOB AND JANE thanks for being brilliant marshalls:Eeek:

their assistants BRIAN and JOYCE.

KATE and BILL and not forgetting AMANDA for an UNFORGETTABLE party

hope Amanda is much better now and not forgetting all the funsters who made the meet what is was.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
So pleased I found this thread ::bigsmile:

We had a brilliant time at Stratford from the moment we arrived. Greeted by the marshalls and led to our position.

We really do appreciate all those who make these events possible and so enjoyable. The amount of planning, work and effort is quite something and we thank you all for making our 2nd outing so memorable too.

Great to meet so many Funsters & the nightclub was buzzing until 2am on Sunday :Eeek:. Even members of other clubs asked how they could join in the FUN :thumb:

So pleased we were able to 'give a little back' :ROFLMAO: when we discovered a lone Funster wandering around the vans at 1am Saturday morning not knowing where his bed was! He did help by telling us his van was white :Eeek:. Hope you had a safe journey home Mike :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

John, Angie & Liz aka The Slug

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Sorry to hear Amanda was not well and missed you leaving.......I hope se is better now and enjoyed the party.........

What can I say that hasn't been said other than add our Thanks to all who worked so very hard........

Now Joyce stay on that new bike Brian was off like a rocket.......so don't try and keep up :thumb:

Once again Thanks see you at Rutland

All the best Rick

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Well, as has been said already, great show so thanks to all who made it so, even Jane::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We we supposed to go home after and do some 'work' around the house, but decided Ludlow sounded more fun, we're in Rhayader, took a wrong turn at Leominster and carried on:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back