stratford show (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
can anyone please advise as to the roads through stratford towards the showground.
it will be the first time out with the 'toad' wagging its tail and i dont fancy getting stuck in town.
i will be approaching from the M1 north.
the overall length is about 38ft.

cheers

john.

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi John

Ae you camping with Fun at the show? I'll add you to the list if you are:Smile:

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
sure are but dont know arrival date as yet. probably thursday BUT i have to get shirl to shut her shop.
easier said than done.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Just follow the truck route signposts and you'll be ok. I'd guess you're coming down the M42 onto the M40. Come off at J15 and take the A46. You'll come to a roundabout, take the 2nd exit marked as the truck route to the Racecourse. DON'T take the 1st exit, I did in a car towing a trailer and it was a thoroughly unpleasant time!
Carry on down to the next roundabout and come into Stratford on the A3400. Once you reach the town, there are a couple of narrow bits where you may have to wait for traffic to clear. There aren't any tight bends so nothing to worry about with the TOAD. Going there a few years we say a 40 foot RV towing a trailer with a sports car on it:Eeek:

Regards

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just follow the truck route signposts and you'll be ok. I'd guess you're coming down the M42 onto the M40. Come off at J15 and take the A46. You'll come to a roundabout, take the 2nd exit marked as the truck route to the Racecourse. DON'T take the 1st exit, I did in a car towing a trailer and it was a thoroughly unpleasant time!
Carry on down to the next roundabout and come into Stratford on the A3400. Once you reach the town, there are a couple of narrow bits where you may have to wait for traffic to clear. There aren't any tight bends so nothing to worry about with the TOAD. Going there a few years we say a 40 foot RV towing a trailer with a sports car on it:Eeek:

Regards

thanks for that guys, very helpful.

john.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp

Regards

HMMMM!!!! 40' is that strictly legal?????? I thought the limit was 39' or was it from Cornwall and thereby apparently exempt???

Regards Pat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Got to be honest and say I didn't measure it! It was a Newell Coach towing a trailer with a Mercedes sports car on it. Point it, it was BIG!!!:ROFLMAO:

Cheers
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back