Rally Chat Stratford show discrimination against the workers and Families (1 Viewer)

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Not lucky i.m.o. . . I simply planned to retire @ 55 when I was 18 & never had L.A. employment, but did invest in my future with pensions :)
What I meant was that having a pension and paying in as much as you can does not guarantee an early retirement. The LA pension comment was a generalisation of any final salary type pension where luck does come into it regarding the scheme offered.
I'm my case I had to be 24 before I could join and it and all subsequent schemes have never been final salary.
I did plan to retire at 60 but with no inflation it won't happen. It's the same old chestnut that 15% inflation would have been great for the pension but not the mortgage.
I am yet to meet someone who retired early from an average pay job that their only income was from an investment pension.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
It seems to have come as a shock to many that very little in life is free - and that's a shame for as we all know free just means that someone else pays.

if you cannot afford the fee or are not willing to pay - do something else. We do.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It seems to have come as a shock to many that very little in life is free - and that's a shame for as we all know free just means that someone else pays.

if you cannot afford the fee or are not willing to pay - do something else. We do.

@haganap did you know this :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, 1 year ticket including a boat trip to see the subs, £23 for us old pensioners, took me all day, excellent value for money.
Bovington Tank Museum £13 another all day attraction.
Not everywhere's a rip off.

Ian

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Flambards all in Cornwall and all well worth MISSING!

See the Sun rise from anywhere on the south coast, Rame Head Pendennis Point, the Lizard, take a slow meander, stop for lunch somewhere nice, then head for the north coast Gwithian, Bude, Hartland Point St Just/Cape Cornwall and watch it sink below the Horizen

Absolutely Magic and mostly free (no! not your lunch!)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yes paying on the door is always going to be the most expensive...
Judicious use of vouchers, tokens or memberships usually mean I can find reasonably priced attractions...
National Coal Mining Museum Underground Tour - free unless you 'donate' £3 & keep the token.
Bowes Museum, £2.50 Tesco Voucher - brilliant.
Craghouse - free thanks to National Trust membership (Bermuda branch :whistle:).
Lots of tickets are also valid for multiple visits over 12 months...
One just has to be a bit canny

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
image.jpg
I occasionally like to visit national trust car parks and have been a member on and off for years,I recently visited a n trust car park (tatershall nice for walking by the river) and enquired about joint membership £105.00 which I find expensive,this was the letter I received back after my email to them about the price bearing in mind that using most of there parking is free.
Alan

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
View attachment 112514 I occasionally like to visit national trust car parks and have been a member on and off for years,I recently visited a n trust car park (tatershall nice for walking by the river) and enquired about joint membership £105.00 which I find expensive,this was the letter I received back after my email to them about the price bearing in mind that using most of there parking is free.
Alan
https://www.bnt.bm/membership-form
Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the membership options to choose either the UK Individual @ $22.50 (about £16.75 at today's fx rate) or $37.50 (£28) for family membership.
The only thing is that membership runs 12 months from 1st Oct.
In the 8 months I've had my card, no-one has batted an eyelid when I've shown it (y).

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
https://www.bnt.bm/membership-form
Scroll down all the way to the bottom of the membership options to choose either the UK Individual @ $22.50 (about £16.75 at today's fx rate) or $37.50 (£28) for family membership.
The only thing is that membership runs 12 months from 1st Oct.
In the 8 months I've had my card, no-one has batted an eyelid when I've shown it (y).
I will join again.i tried with the poor pensioner approach but the only members of the national trust are pensioners so I did'nt have much chance.Alan

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan, Flambards all in Cornwall and all well worth MISSING!

See the Sun rise from anywhere on the south coast, Rame Head Pendennis Point, the Lizard, take a slow meander, stop for lunch somewhere nice, then head for the north coast Gwithian, Bude, Hartland Point St Just/Cape Cornwall and watch it sink below the Horizen

Absolutely Magic and mostly free (no! not your lunch!)
NIce to see you are still the same old curmudgeon :)

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Ok will do Boss. Cant believe I never worked this out before? So your saying that there's very little in life that's free? err OK got it.....
I am off to do something else... like err, any idea if a sense of humour costs anything?

@haganap did you know this :whistle:

Never had a clue Carol.. But it pays to be educated... :love:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Ok will do Boss. Cant believe I never worked this out before? So your saying that there's very little in life that's free? err OK got it.....
I am off to do something else... like err, any idea if a sense of humour costs anything?

Never had a clue Carol.. But it pays to be educated... :love:

Being Clueless is part of being alive Paul
long may it continue :)
It's a bit like politics the only way they
know something is wrong is afterwards.:)
free is a relative concept anyway.:sleep::sleep:etc

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back