Stratford Show 2014....... and the FUN begins!! (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We are sure that you would have enjoyed it. Great weather, great company and a really nice place to stay. Even better, we did not win the recently humped Shifty's hat in the raffle. Some other poor soul got that.:winky:

Thanks again to everyone, especially the tireless, hard working and good humoured organisers. Cheers!

P.S. Not gloating at all - just a bare statement of facts..... :winky:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Stratford

Well just got home had a ball thanks to Jim sian and brisey and Pam another great weekend of fun had a great time with Haggers and mike and co ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Excellent Fun meet - thanks to all the brave organisers. The show was rubbish, but hey, the rest was good!

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class

A special thanks to Jim and Sian and the marshals Brisey and Pamelaa:Smile:

For making it all possible.

Thanks to all the Funsters for making it a great meet.:Smile:

We have had one hell of a time:Smile:

We have been :Smile:

Eating too much:Smile:

Drinking too much:Smile:

A truly memorable meet:Smile:, bring on the next one:roflmto:

Even the dogs made new friends:roflmto:

And the weather was hot and sunny all week.

:thumb::thumb:

I even rode a motorbike for the first time:Smile:, Thanks to crazy Sam.

Thanks to the Funster band for providing our Entertainment:Smile:

A special thanks to Ambilkate (Amanda, Bill and Kate) and

Canopus ( Ken, Lynda and Jess)

Teasy2007. ( Rocker Mike and Ginny)

And Tonka ( Steve and Irene)

For keeping us occupied (Eating and Drinking and dancing and partying)

What more can I say:Smile:

Fantastic meet.:thumb:

Bring on the next one::bigsmile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Strattford

Many thanks to Jim, Sian, Brisey, Pamelaar and all the others who worked so hard to make this meet a huge success - again!

Andrew and Carol

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
cant expect much from the karaoke after the band decided to stay on all night and the karaoke singers was all pissed by the time they decided to sit down :Smile:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
A wonderful week with great friends and unbelievable weather, fabulous!!

Thanks to Jim and Sian; Bill, Kate and Amanda; Gail and too many good friends to mention, we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Ginny and Mike

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Back home..
Fantastic week with Location, weather and the company..

Many thanks to ALL. Involved..... Here to the next time :thumb:

Off for a lie down now, shattered.. :ROFLMAO:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks to Jim, Sian, Brisey and Pamelaaaar and all the Funsters for another great rally - with lovely weather too! :Smile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
And a great holiday/rally/meet/show was had by all thanks to Pamela, brisey and all those who helped make it a great week.
Thanks especially to Jim who ordered the great weather.
See if you can do it again for Malvern... Please! !!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Bunch of Bacon Butty Guzzling Gloaters.

Well I have had a brilliant weekend all alone typing away on my laptop...

So there.

Ya Boo Shucks to you

Gloaters.

JJ :Cool:

Don't think you were invited:cry:

Poor Solitary individual that you are.:cry::cry:

Of course had your Princess been available against our better judgement we would have allowed you back into the country.:Sad:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Would like to thank everyone for a great time at Stratford, so many folk put in alot of effort to make it successful , also to Ash for finding and fixing our sneaky gas leak , can now stop worrying :thumb:

We cant wait for the next :ROFLMAO:

John n Kath

OP
OP
bryandh

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Our first UK Rally and what a cracker it turned out to be. Great organisation, good company and wonderful local attractions for day time activity, tours and shopping. Liked Stratford so much........ we are still here, on the camping side of the racecourse!! Place almost empty now and we have moved near the bar area for laundry, toilets etc.
A huge thank you to Sian, Jim, all the marshals, their deputies and all the other members who helped make our stay so memorable.

Best regards

Bryan and Anna

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
A big thankyou to Jim, Sian, Brian & Pam and everyone that helped along the way for all the hard work you put in to make the rally the huge success that it was, and to the fab funster band and Dave & Polly for the great evening entertainment, had a great time caught up with some old friends and met some new ones, now chilling at a nice little cl with Ken beerdrinker as we make our way to Misterton for more fun:thumb:

Sue & Eric:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
forgot to say a news update although the offending red hat wasnt claimed at the raffle it has now been passed to a new owner who i would reckon has no idea yet that he is possession of the hat of the decade so stand up pete aka knuckledragger and check for the hat somewhere in ya mh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Everyone has said it all really. Thanks to all who out so much effort in to make it a great meet. it was lovely to catch up with friends old and new.

Thanks for the tolerance of our neighbours with our yappy dog - so many dogs to bark at, so little time :Blush: Teaching am old dog new tricks is indeed a challenge.

Apologies for our swift exit and raffle interrupting, look forward to our next rally once we've got work out of the way.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Ah, so it was you that ran me over when exiting. My lawyers, Messrs. Sue Grabbit and Runne* will be in contact shortly........:winky:

Seriously, we only met very briefly but we also loved the dog - a little charmer! Lovely colour as well :thumb: we had the mad black spaniel and the Jack thief....... Cheers

* with apologies to Private Eye

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We are home - nearly didnt make it thanks to a police car who forgot to switch the sirens on and a stupid cherrypicker driver who did a lane change without checking his mirrors forcing us into the fast lane. Had it not been for Tony's quick reactions I doubt I would be posting now. Police were great they sent another car to check on us and masses of polacc paperwork was avoided.

Thanks to everyone who joined in the Pimms afternoon on Thursday and to those who brought nibbles and drink to share - we did 10 gallons and that was without the non alcoholic drinks. A big thank you to the funster band for providing the entertainment.

Many thanks to Pamelaar and Brisey, Jim and Sian and everyone who helped with marshalling.

Thanks to everyone who made the bacon butty morning a great event and to those who provided raffle prizes.

Many thanks to everyone who provided evening entertainment.

Thanks to Amanda's parents for the lovely birthday cake - have a great day on Tuesday Amanda

I had one of the best weeks I have had in a very long time thanks to the funsters xxxxx

See you at Malvern

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Many thanks to everyone involved, brilliant week and great company, I don't think it could have been better. :thumb:

Now parked at Rutland Water having yet more Old Speckled Hen. :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to Wrenbury. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Just got back home via the National Memorial Arboretum. What a fabulous time we had at Stratford, great meet, site, town, weather, everything. Would have like to have spent more time with funsters but we had to look after our in laws who were visiting:Sad: Really enjoyed the raffle too, came home with a shed load of stuff, some of which you will be getting back at Malvern :thumb: Special thanks to Brisey, Pamelaar, Jim & Sian and everyone who made it such a great meet :thumb:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks

Thanks to every one that came to the stall and all that had works done on there motorhomes :thumb: it's been nice to see old faces and new:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks to Jim, Sian, Brisey and Pam. Had a cracking week of great weather and entertainment in the big top :ROFLMAO:

Good curry out and some nice real ale on Saturday night :thumb:

Stratford is a lovely town and this was our first rally here - will definitely be back next year :thumb:

Vincemacca

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks

This was our first outing (Julie & Vince) but definitely not the last. Met some cracking folk and heard some spot on music. The band on Friday night made it really special - well done lads - your voices are so good to hear when just chilling - it was a good evening.
Thanks to the organisers for everything you do - I'm sure you are appreciated by everyone but have you ever sat down and thought all these folk are having a good time and its down to you !!!!
Bacon butty gathering - what a great idea and a good way to finish the weekend -thanks to the cooks.
For all of you lucky to have retired, and not faced work this morning - I wish you well in your travels and enjoy motorhoming, especially those off to another venue - you lucky people !!
One special weekend!!!
Have fun - can't wait for the pics
Vince

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Many thanks to Jim, Sian, Brisey and Pamelaar for all their hard work, a wonderful week, only sorry we had to leave early due to work commitments. ::bigsmile:

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Just wanted to add yet another vote of thanks to the list for all those Marshalls, cooks, entertainers and unsung heroes who made the Stratford-upon-Avon show/rally such a great event.

I brought along another motorhoming couple - who were non members and who we normally travel around with. We usually plot-up in the general area and I pop over to see Funster's so that we're not split up. I've been banging-on about MHF for ages to them. However, they were reluctant to join any club. BUT, Such was the friendliness and craic displayed at Stratford, they paid up and signed up!!! (So, welcome Kelvin & Jean, alias BrunotheCat)

Goes without saying, thanks to Jim and Sian, but if I start naming others, I will miss someone out! Will just say again, a big thanks to everyone.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a great week, thank you Jim Sian, Pamela & Brian also the band for great music and Dave for his DJ'ing, and who ever ordered the sunshine did a amazing job. Lovely to meet up with old friends and meet new ones.

A excellent location lots to do,looking forward to next years show.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
How very remis of me :Eeek:

Forgot to mention the bike ride which Carol & Eddie organised which took us to Long Marston and the Masons Arms - great ride out and back with lovely boozer in the middle :thumb:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
A big thank you to Jim, Sean, Brian and Pamelaaaaaar for all their hard work. The fact that everything runs so smoothly, and people have such a good time, is down to their efforts in the first instance.:thumb:

Thanks also to all you other Funsters, the meets are fun because you are all fun :thumb:

Some of you may know that the exhaust downpipe broke on my van on the way to the show. Well, thanks to a great tip from Jim I managed to effect a repair using a baked bean tin, some wire from the fence and a load of repair paste mixed with grass.

The van sounded as quiet as a Rolls Royce, and I am reluctant now to put the new pipe on :ROFLMAO:

Stuart and The Bitch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back