Strasburg......for motorbikers (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Les & a group of mates are doing a european tour in September .........

They think they'll be stopping one night in Strasburg - has anyone got any suggestions about places to visit etc Any suggestions or of alternatives would be really appreciated:)

I've had a quick search on the site - can't see much.

Cheers
Deb

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
We had a brief visit to Strasbourg last summer.

We stayed at Broken Link Removed
It's a well positioned site, only a couple of minutes away from the bus stop and short journey into town.

There's lots of shops/bars/eateries.
The cathedral is the obvious attraction, although we enjoyed the old town much more - a great place to bimble for a couple of hours (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Depends what your looking for, we stayed at the city aire last september, based on the millenium park, on the river with a footbridge to germany.Large hostel on site which takes all travellers. Walking distance to city centre bus.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
This street is just behind the Red Light district... well worth a visit..:wink::rofl:

Herrenseeallee 15
15344 Strausberg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
We used to take the bikes to Strasbourg every year on our way home from the Alps. Ibis near the Town Centre has parking behind a locked electric gate. It's the one we always used. 5 minute walk to the town square and an awesome kebab shop on the way.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for replies everyone.....I wasn't very clear was I:rolleyes:

There's a group of 10 motorbikes going on the trip - no girlies & @Popeye , you're right, I'm not a biker chic....which is why we got the van in the 1st place, so's I could take it when he's on his bike........somehow that plan hasn't quite worked out how I was expecting:doh:

......so, back to the trip, all hotel stops ....ferry Portsmouth to Santander......along the Pyrenees down to the med coast across to Monaco then across the Alps to Montreux, working their way back up to E uroport & ferry back to Hull.
12 nights.......

Not sure which night Strasburg will be but they will only be staying 1 night each time.
The group have done other euro trips but I Think this is the biggest so far.......Les hasn't done one for a few years though.

@old-mo .......cheers:rofl:

And sorry, @Stealaway .....my spelling Strasbourg, France:blush:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Thanks for replies everyone.....I wasn't very clear was I:rolleyes:

Not sure which night Strasburg will be but they will only be staying 1 night each time.
The group have done other euro trips but I Think this is the biggest so far.......Les hasn't done one for a few years though.

@old-mo .......cheers:rofl:

And sorry, @Stealaway .....my spelling Strasbourg, France:blush:

And that's not like you Debs:p

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back