strange message when trying to access MF (1 Viewer)

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
Have just tried to access MF and had a strange message. Googled Motorhome Fun and clicked on what I thought was my usual choice. It then came up on screen something to the effect of Motorhome Fun is not allowing access to non humans, please write the given letter combination in the box provided! What is all this about? Very strange indeed!
Googled again and clicked on different choice and got the correct page, thank goodness!

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

This is a ploy used by the server to ensure that non humans, ie 'bot's and automatic subscribers cannot start an account. They cannot read freehand text, only humans can do this, so they can be sure that no 'bot's or auto subscribers can enter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
your choice of course, but it seems a long winded way to access the fun.

why not just type the address into your browsers address bar ?
that way you know you're going to the correct site.

you're typing it into a google search anyway.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I imagine that this was a restricted page that google indexed with its robots. Google's robots only have guest privileges here so some parts of the site it would need to prove it was human. Last time I looked google had well over 100,000 pages of fun indexed, some of those are bound to be pages that are locked to guests, such as looking at members and accessing search etc. You just saw one of those indexed pages that's all::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
Thanks for all the replies, feel much better now I know there is a logical explanation for it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back