Stowford Caravans South Wales (STAY AWAY FROM STOWFORDS READ MY THREAD)

Aug 18, 2014
Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
6 years since restarting
Just found this on their website: “Stowford South Wales underwent a transfer of ownership in August 2020, meaning that Stowford South Wales and Stowford Caravan Centre (North Devon), began trading under a brand new company called Stowford Leisure Ltd”.

No mention of the new ownership change until it’s to late.

What a bunch of robbing gets, change to another ltd company and I have no way now of getting anything out of these cowboys.

Buyer beware I presume comes to mind 😡.
Find out who was the owner of the one you dealt with & use the small claims court on them personally.

Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Find out who was the owner of the one you dealt with & use the small claims court on them personally.
Stowford South Wales and Stowford Caravan Centre (North Devon) were Limited so could only sue the Company...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
Realist

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Fiat Starblazer XL
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018
Well my quest is over and I find it shameful that a company can be allowed to just walk away from their obligations towards customers.

Anyway “STAY AWAY FROM STOWFORDS WALES OR OTHERWISE”

I’m absolutely disgusted.

Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
Back in the room
Just found this on their website: “Stowford South Wales underwent a transfer of ownership in August 2020, meaning that Stowford South Wales and Stowford Caravan Centre (North Devon), began trading under a brand new company called Stowford Leisure Ltd”.

No mention of the new ownership change until it’s to late.

What a bunch of robbing gets, change to another ltd company and I have no way now of getting anything out of these cowboys.

Buyer beware I presume comes to mind 😡.
Maybe a subtly different company name, same owners though
Andrew and Deborah Noall from Barnstaple

Their website even mentions the family business for 20 years, same management

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Newbie ish...
Winston Rice started the Stowford Meadows Co in 1973ish in Ilfracombe, it grew into a Multi Million Pound Co, its started selling Caravans/Moho's around 20yrs ago, other family members and in laws became directors, all was run as Stowford Meadows inc South Wales Depot.
Royale Life purchased the Stowford Meadows Co Aug/Sept 2020 and now run it as Stowford Village, Royale Life did not want/need the Moho/Caravan Sales part in S. Wales and Ilfracombe... so 2 Ex Directors/Family Members of Stowford Meadows purchased/took it over and now run that part as Stowford Leisure... Last Registered Address was a P. O Box/Address in Bear St, Barnstaple.

All details readily Available at Company House...

OP
Realist

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Fiat Starblazer XL
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018
Yeh I did look at Companies House but the bottom line is my contract was with the old Stowfords not the new and now I know why they have not replied to my email and if I did push it they will say that company no longer trades.

Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes
Passionate about energy
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians