Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Van parked up at home with electric cable plugged into flap on side of van. After storms that we have been having I was worried about possible damage as there are very large trees down side of garden. When wind dropped I inspected van and at first could not see any problems. Great I thought, but then noticed that the flap over the electrical connection had disappeared. Must have been quite a gust of wind. Very relieved that was only apparent problem.
Anyway, does anyone know if it is possible to get replacement flaps, or will I have to buy the whole thing then take off the flap to replace one that has gone?

Hope everyone has an enjoyable new year,
Terry

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I used gaffer tape once during a storm to stop the flap flapping, I know that's what it's supposed to do but it was driving me daft.

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Mine came adrift last week and was found near the rear wheel. It was only the two plastic hinge pins that had worked their way out and let the flap detach. I just lined up the hinge and pins and pushed them back in. Good as new .

OP
OP
T

TerryK

Free Member
Apr 26, 2017
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
on and off for 30 years
Thanks for everyone's responses. Mine was like the 2nd one Ambulancekidd sent link to, but in grey. I shall have to search a bit more on-line.
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back