Storing Outdoor Chairs, Bbq Etc (2 Viewers)

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Just wondering where people store things like these if they have a u-shaped lounge layout with no garage? If the weather is good when you get on site, I suppose they will be outside much of the time but if in the north of Scotland in the rain, where could they go?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Depends on how safe you feel the location is. When we're at music festivals and things like that we usually just put chairs and wet shoes and stuff like that under the van. Never had a problem yet.

Upvote 0

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Storage bag for two chairs, stick them in the cab or under the van while parked.
Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
We have a sort of garage which runs across the back of the MH under the floor where we can store a few things like chairs, hoses etc.
- and hopefully a BBQ if I can get one in Aldi tomorrow when the offer starts! :smiley:

image.jpg

Meant to say :welc: :party:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I see you joined yesterday :welc: you have made the best motor homing decision you could
bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
we usually put the windbreak up so put the cover on the BBQ and tuck it in the corner. We have a cover for the chairs and usually lay these down.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If possible it would be better to get ones that can be stored in the under seat lockers so you don't have to faff about moving them around inside (chairs can be put in the overcab bed during the day if you have one).

We purposely bought chairs that go in a 'tube' type bag about 14 years ago and still have them - they were a bit more expensive than the standard ones at the time but they've more than paid for themselves time and time again and show no signs of giving up the ghost at all.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
we have some very comfy reclining chairs from our camping days and I presumed we would use these. Perhaps we need to re-think layout and get one with a garage! I can see it's going to take some time to think through everything and then find it!

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
we have some very comfy reclining chairs from our camping days and I presumed we would use these. Perhaps we need to re-think layout and get one with a garage! I can see it's going to take some time to think through everything and then find it!
make the best of what you have if you have a roof wrak stick them up there don't worr just enjoy you will work it out
bill

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014

Lizi - what about a bar on the back of the MH and one of those boot boxes, depends on the size of your chairs. We have a fair bit of space in our garage. Depends what MHs you are looking at?

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
upload_2015-5-20_21-22-51.png

One of the first things we do when we get onto a site is to turn the swivel cab seats around, then we can put the chairs and table between the back of the seats and the dash if we want them indoors. But they are often stowed under the van.
But as @HappyBrewer says, don't over-think it or you'll never get your van! Decide on what sort of travelling you want to do and how you want to live indoors (you need to be able to spend time inside on rainy days without murder most foul) - get your van - then the rest will happen - you'll manage! - as Bill says - "just enjoy you will work it out"

Upvote 0

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If you have a bike rack on the rear of the van you can use that. Personally mine go either under the van or in the cab when I have swivelled the seats.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Last van had u shaped lounged and central dinette, front seats didn't swivel. mostly chairs were outside under the van if not too wet, but they also fitted behind the drivers seat if it was pulled completely forward. On the move they sat nicely in the stairwell, bungeed in place (took us 5 years to work that one out:oops:) before that were stored in the loo. took us a while to find comfy seats that were good height for dining too.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
When traveling the chairs go under the fixed bed, when on site under the van. If we go off site we generally leave them sitting on the pitch, never had a problem.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
We have nothing in our van that can't go under the sofa or in a cupboard. Like was said above, first decision is what sort of travelling you will do. If like us you want to arrive in time to sleep and leave in time to explore then the outside chairs need to be small folding ones that go under the sofa in case you want them for a picnic etc, on the other hand if you plan to tour differently or not tour at all your needs will be different.

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
We have a U shaped lounge with no garage so we store our recliners behind the cab seats.
Wardrobe is behind passenger seat & washroom behind driving seat so they're out of the way & can be deployed in moments if required.
Everything else is stored in the over cab (we don't use it as a bed), & under the lounge seating(y)

Upvote 0

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
I have a u-shaped lounge and no proper garage to speak of, so I store a few things behind the fixed drivers/passenger seats (extendable ladders/snow chains/fan etc) and when travelling my reclining chair and sunbed (inside covers) lie on the floor in the rear lounge and my coolbox goes in the bathroom. once at my destination the chairs etc go in the front between/on the front seats as its wasted space anyway (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Thanks again. We will be looking at some motor homes this week and i can see what you mean about over thinking!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Rooky Vanner - love the pic of your dogs. What breed are they and do they enjoy the motor home? We have a working cocker who looks very similar but black and white. He enjoyed camping, is a great traveller so fingers crossed he likes a motor home!

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just wondering where people store things like these if they have a u-shaped lounge layout with no garage? If the weather is good when you get on site, I suppose they will be outside much of the time but if in the north of Scotland in the rain, where could they go?
Our large table and chairs travel in the shower-once on a site they are in the Kampa awning or under the van if we're not using the awning (less than 3 days).
Our cadac is either outside van or in what used to be the gas locker before we put a fixed lpg tank underneath.

Upvote 0

Rooky Vanner

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Rooky Vanner - love the pic of your dogs. What breed are they and do they enjoy the motor home? We have a working cocker who looks very similar but black and white. He enjoyed camping, is a great traveller so fingers crossed he likes a motor home!
Hi Lizi
Ever so sorry only just spotted your reply? They are two Springer Spaniels one 8 and sensible and the other two and crazy called Ginny and Midge. They love it. They know exactly where they are going and travel in the back and sleep at night on the driver and passenger seat. No problem at all providing you don,t mind mud and dog hairs ha ha... we're fully covered!! One works but i'm not allowed to get my wifes dog Ginny dirty!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lizi
May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
Using the driving seats sounds like a great idea for our dog - am sure he would love it! Thanks for the replies about storing stuff with the seat too. We have started looking at a couple of fixed bed set ups too but love the sense of space the u shape gives for day time. I assume bedding is kept under the seats unless there is an overhead cab for storing stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back