Markb20

Free Member
Mar 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 524
Exp
Total newbie
Hi yesterday I was given notice to vacate my storage compound at now storage Reading. As they are no longer storing vehicles. I have booked a new storage facility
From next Saturday. So advice needed for moving my motorhome 15 miles during lockdown Should I contact my local police to let them know ? I intend to do it early morning and should take no more than 30 minutes the route takes me past Thames Valley police headquarters or should I just go for it

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
If you've had notice to quit, you've a booking at another storage facility and your MH is road legal, then I would have thought it's essential travel by anyone's interpretation. If you want to play ultra safe, then carry copies of the relevant paperwork with you. I wouldn't have thought it worthwhile contacting the police plus the fact the chance of the report getting to the right people would be slim to none.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
It’s essential travel, not a problem but I would have paperwork with you just if you do get stopped it would make life easier. (y)

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
So advice needed for moving my motorhome 15 miles
Think your missed out there, I’d have booked a place in Cornwall, Northumberland, Cumbria.........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Don’t ring the Police, they won’t be remotely interested. As others have already said, it’s essential and legal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back