Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I have always been challenged by the waste of space in the hanging copborad in my MH. I seldom if ever take clothes that need hanging up, but how to make better use of the space has always challenged me. I did not want to use storage boxes stacked on on top of each other - I don't fancy having to take each box out to get to the one below.

Yesterday I went into Dunelm Mill and found a set of four draw plastic units that take apart and can be reassembled in whatever format you require. Having fitted them into the cupboard I now have more than enough drawer space for all our clothes and the bottom drawer will be useful for storing cans, jars and packets of food.

At £17.99 per unit I think it is good value storage solution.

Norman

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just after we bought the present Jawsmobile we too decided that the hanging cupboard was just a wasted space

Found a few errrr 'discarded and damaged' bread trays and cut them up to use as shelves
Very light and very easy to use.
Total cost £2.80 for a bit of doweling to use as runners

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I use a fabric hanging shelf unit from IKEA in my wardrobe. It has velcro straps that fit over the hanging rail.

They also do fabric drawers that fit in them.

Perfick. ::bigsmile:

LINK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ours is usually virtually full of coats and trousers. Nowhere else to keep a coat even if we folded the trousers up small and squished them in an overhead locker, but then where would the Tshirts and shorts and jumpers and cardi's go? Not to mention the underwear and socks.

Might manage for a week but not 3, which we like to go away for. And you always have to take cold weather clothes and hot weather clothes don't you?

I did note somewhere we went that a person wore the same T-shirt for 4 days, but not us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back