Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
From 29th March.
As a result of these changes, people will no longer be legally required to Stay at Home. Many of the lockdown restrictions, however, will remain in place. Unless an exemption already applies, it will not be possible to meet people from other households indoors and many business premises will remain shut. Guidance will set out that people should continue to work from home where they can. People should continue to minimise travel wherever possible, and should not be staying away from home overnight at this stage.
Exactly as stated, the law changes on 29 March in England, with reference to 'Stay at Home' (unless on essential business). Up until that date a policeman could determine your journey is not essential and impose a £200 fixed penalty.

From that date, when the legal restriction is lifted, you are 'advised' (not legally bound) to try to stay local where possible.

With the van stored at a farm, I guess it is very much in the hands of the farmer, who could legitimately claim that the service he is providing (ie storage) is deemed as 'non-essential' and as such he could decide that he will not be open for business as usual prior to 12 April, when non-essential businesses are allowed to open again.

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
I think they are just being very cautious imo overly so. Had to replace battery after lockdown one. But not the end of the world i will try March 29 th see if we have access then.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
On another thread someone was talking about wanting to get some work done eddievanbitz and he isn’t open until the 12th April. Mind you the chap didn’t have a booking yet and Eddie is full for April and most of May but it does sound as though businesses aren’t opening until the 12th so the farmer might not let you in until then.

Why don’t you ask the farmer just out of curiosity, it’s going to be one of two dates by the sound of it? Neither of which you’ll like but one of which you might find slightly more acceptable. At least you can then plan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back