Free Member
May 13, 2012
West Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
new
I would like a shelving unit to go in the long cupboard with the clothes rail but can't seem to find anything.
How do you all store your clothes?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I used a unit from IKEA
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70250811/
also in white!

If it's too long the bottom bit can just be folded up or you can cut it off as the fabric doesn't fray.

Or even cheaper:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40123457/

I also got one of these
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70250854/

which was on half price offer, for the garage. Handy for odds and ends like spare fuses and bulbs and duct tape and....... all the things you need in a hurry and can never find.

Hope that helps!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The "Wardrobe" in our van is tiny and has the aerial pole running inside it which is why I decided on the "soft" shelves. Easier to persuade into place. :RollEyes:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Wardrobe why ever not?, mine is a good size I think, clothes on hangers, keeps them crease free , also see at a glance which top goes with trousers / skirts, , I like life to be easy, just my take on it, couldn`t put clothes in boxes, the only other storage I have is the shirt bags with the Velcro fastening and clear see through front with zips down each side, I have one for underclothes/ nightwear, used these for years in the caravan, fit in side cupboards over the cab, keeps everything tidy and in one place.they also have many uses, easy to pack.

Last edited:

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Hi built in 3 shelfs used no screws ,timber bears held in place with heavy duty Velcro never fallen down in 2 yrs can remove with no screw holes left:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I turned our wardrobe into a larder! Much better use of space and easier to get at the pans, food etc, than scrabbling around in low down cupboards/lockers: I used plastic shelf holders 'pegs' that you find in kitchen cupboards which just pop into a small drilled hole (4 per shelf) and some plywood which I covered with spare vinyl flooring - see below pictures.

We have more than enough clothes storage in the 4 lockers above the bed with excess socks, pants etc going under the bed in 'vacuum' bags along with other stuff such as spare sheet/duvet cover etc which are really useful as they squeeze the air out of them so they go a lot smaller and are therefore easier to store, I also use them for dirty washing too as again they can be squishes small when full and as an added bonus keep the 'whiff' of hubby's smelly socks at bay:RollEyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRAVELLIN...81346328506?pt=UK_Storage&hash=item41818c47ba

If you get some of the above bags, make sure you get the ones that you roll to expel the air and NOT the ones where you need a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out!

Attachments

• 8 - Wardrobe shelves.JPG
    8 - Wardrobe shelves.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 9 - Wardrobe shelf support.JPG
    9 - Wardrobe shelf support.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 10 - Wardrobe door.JPG
    10 - Wardrobe door.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
We have a set of these each ( different colours) which are great for separating out your clothes
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30235115/
They lie flat and can fit in lockers. I separate one out for socks, another for knickers, another for t-shirts/tops, another for shorts/trousers ......you get the picture.
Stops all the clothes getting muddled up and crumpled and can clearly see what you need. I put little labels on top to see through the mesh side
Also use for business and now wonder how I manage without.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Just had a wee tour aound the mh parked up beside us and they have a rail fitted across their shower enclosure which acts as a 2nd wardrobe, they just move the clothes when they want a shower.:Smile:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
As one of my children said when she was little and hated being dressed ....

"Clothes? Gorgeous girls don't need clothes!"

She's grown up a bit since then and is now clothes crazy!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back