Storage During Lockdown (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
It was all going very well - our new driveway was booked to be done and also a CL Site to have the Motorhome while it was being done.
Then Lockdown happened and the Campsite cancelled (even though the Motorhome was going to be empty on site) and I couldn't postpone the drive work.
All local CL/CS are closed and nearest storage has a minimum 6 months contract.
So have been parking the Motorhome round the corner on a nice wide residential road and bringing it back at night and parking it on the dropped kerb part of the shared access between us and next door(we have the best neighbours ever)
Drive has been done but just been told we cant park the Motorhome on it for 2 weeks!
I don't think I can face 2 weeks of Motorhome shuffle and I am allergic to parking it round the corner overnight. Most of our neighbours drives are not big enough to borrow space on.
I am thinking I will have to pay for 6 months storage and use it for 2 weeks.......

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
What have they done that takes 2 weeks to be able to park on ?
last time I heard that story was the travelling community, the two weeks was to allow them to get all the work in the area done and get away before people realised the tar was paper thin šŸ˜³

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Why wouldnā€™t you put it on the new driveway? Is it block paving,tarmac,or something else?

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
It was all going very well - our new driveway was booked to be done and also a CL Site to have the Motorhome while it was being done.
Then Lockdown happened and the Campsite cancelled (even though the Motorhome was going to be empty on site) and I couldn't postpone the drive work.
All local CL/CS are closed and nearest storage has a minimum 6 months contract.
So have been parking the Motorhome round the corner on a nice wide residential road and bringing it back at night and parking it on the dropped kerb part of the shared access between us and next door(we have the best neighbours ever)
Drive has been done but just been told we cant park the Motorhome on it for 2 weeks!
I don't think I can face 2 weeks of Motorhome shuffle and I am allergic to parking it round the corner overnight. Most of our neighbours drives are not big enough to borrow space on.
I am thinking I will have to pay for 6 months storage and use it for 2 weeks.......
Not sure where you are based but what about a local farmer or garage with secure yards ? I am sure you could come up with a price better than 6 months of storage .

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Why wouldnā€™t you put it on the new driveway? Is it block paving,tarmac,or something else?
It must be tarmac, you can park on block paving immediately (unless of course you have just concreted the edgings)!šŸ‘

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
What have they done that takes 2 weeks to be able to park on ?
last time I heard that story was the travelling community, the two weeks was to allow them to get all the work in the area done and get away before people realised the tar was paper thin šŸ˜³
It must be tarmac, you can park on block paving immediately (unless of course you have just concreted the edgings)!šŸ‘
Newly laid concrete cannot have weight on it until cured & 14 days have passed.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I had our tarmac drive resurfaced by travellers 30 years ago,we went on it after just 3 or 4 hours and it was no problem. Still good to this day. :giggle:

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Not sure where you are based but what about a local farmer or garage with secure yards ? I am sure you could come up with a price better than 6 months of storage .
Based in Burgess Hill - not many farms around - tried farm where daughter rides horses but they have just stopped storage.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Its imprinted concrete and they are deffo not travellers as their vans didnt have towbars.
That makes a very nice driveway....and yes,best to keep off.:giggle:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Ah, you're just too wide for the top end of my drive. Shame as I'm only 5 miles from B Hill.
It may be worth giving these folk a call. They're only about 6 or 7 miles from B.H. My son stored his caravan there for a couple weeks and they were very helpful and might do a deal just for storage.
Their website says they remain open but only 'essential workers' may sleep overnight but you don't want to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Ah, you're just too wide for my drive. Shame as I'm only 5 miles from B Hill.
It may be worth giving these folk a call. They're only about 6 or 7 miles from B.H. My son stored his caravan there for a couple weeks and they were very helpful and might do a deal just for storage.
Their website says they remain open but only 'essential workers' may sleep overnight but you don't want to.
Thanks - I'll give them a go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back