Storage drawers for day van (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Hi everyone, I have kitted my car as a day van, although it is more of picnic car really. I have not built anything in, it's all removable, I have a gas ring, fridge freezer, toilet, chairs etc. So far we have not used the gas ring, or any of the items I put into a trunk, as it's not easy to get at stuff, so I need to find a storage system, lightweight and with drawers, I have seen some on Ebay but without seeing them I have no idea about the quality. I don't want to built anything in at the moment, we may do that later if we get a lift up roof, but for now I want to keep the car as it is. Any idea?

Thanks John

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
IKEA might have something suitable? They are great for storage stuff.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
What about some of the plastic drawer units

1631544490950.png
Might be too high though, although looking at the ones I have in my craft room you can configure them with fewer drawers and it wouldn't take a genius to make another top.

Width and depth both about 370 mm and the height of a single drawer section 190 mm. base and top each 45mm approx.

I think you can also get castors - or maybe they came with castors which I didn't use.

They hold loads of stuff :) I'm thinking of getting more to go into our camping cupboard (aka old wardrobe) to make it easier to grab what we need faster :)

The drawers are just the right size for IKEA Kallax units with the shelf insert. They fit above and below the shelves.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
How about a camping pod?

Make it out of 12mm ply say 30" X 16 x16" drawers and cupboard below.

Handles to lift out if van when not needed. Solid so can take abuse.

Cheers James

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
What about some of the plastic drawer units

View attachment 536357Might be too high though, although looking at the ones I have in my craft room you can configure them with fewer drawers and it wouldn't take a genius to make another top.

Width and depth both about 370 mm and the height of a single drawer section 190 mm. base and top each 45mm approx.

I think you can also get castors - or maybe they came with castors which I didn't use.

They hold loads of stuff :) I'm thinking of getting more to go into our camping cupboard (aka old wardrobe) to make it easier to grab what we need faster :)

The drawers are just the right size for IKEA Kallax units with the shelf insert. They fit above and below the shelves.
Hi thanks, I did get something similar from the Range, it's held in by a couple of bungees and so far it's working well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back