Storage Closed During Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Question to the group please.
In this present climate. Is anyone visiting their MH in a storage facility to check it over and move it to avoid flat-spots on the tyres. I usually do this once a month but, I do not fancy falling foul of the current rules on non-essential travel. Comments greatly appreciated.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Time it for your trips to the supermarket and or fuel and go in the van ( unless you have sorn' ed it) Go to the storage take out m home do shopping go back to storage transfer shopping close up m home simples and job sorted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
No. We can't and as per my seperate thread a bit worried as to how long it will be before the engine starter battery is knacked (hab batteries are on solar so should be OK). And, with all the rain we've had recently, wondering about disc rust and the effect on the pads when we eventually get the chance to move.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
?I take it you can't leave m home on drive or roadway outside house?

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Optimax do a trickle charger for batteries that you simply attach to the dipoles and it will measure and charge the battery accordingly you can pick them up or similar from a well know on line auction site from around £20 Won't help if no power on storage site but Gel batteries last about twice as long as lead acid and if you can afford lithium then this thread is pointless

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As per email received from Comfort this morning it is not necessary for the vehicle to be taxed whilst in storage, so as it's very unlikely I'll be taking it out for the next three months I've SORNed it.

Solar panel keeps the batteries charged so if and when the opportunity arises I'll pop along and move it around a bit, although that's probably not the best thing for the motor. Unfortunately storage is in the opposite direction to the shops so I won't get away with that excuse!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No. We can't and as per my seperate thread a bit worried as to how long it will be before the engine starter battery is knacked (hab batteries are on solar so should be OK). And, with all the rain we've had recently, wondering about disc rust and the effect on the pads when we eventually get the chance to move.
Disc rust is only light surface rust and generally cleaned off with first application of brakes.
It will have virtually no affect on pads.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
?I take it you can't leave m home on drive or roadway outside house?
Nope, not an option. It is a fair trot away but I could bike it. It is still taxed.
Thanks for the feedback all

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Nope, not an option. It is a fair trot away but I could bike it. It is still taxed.
Thanks for the feedback all
Then go by bike, its your daily exercise. I so wish we could get to ours and bring it home so that mum could self isolate in it but its 170miles or so away :love:

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Yup. I have asked for permission to visit given the situation right now.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Then go by bike, its your daily exercise. I so wish we could get to ours and bring it home so that mum could self isolate in it but its 170miles or so away :love:
What ? There must be storage closer than that.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Mine's in storage and in easy walking distance, however I'm not moving it.

It does far more harm to a modern diesel to start it up and let it tick over than it does to not run it at all.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We usually keep ours in storage but it was outside our house at the lockdown . As we we could not take it back it’s still on our drive although it’s a bit tight . We have informed our insurance company who have charged £5.75 for the change and we have to inform them when it’s back in storage . The insurance( saga) also asked if we needed the same mileage allowance this year and we have reduced it and saved £95

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I guess you live there :giggler: I'd rather it was at home right here on the driveway, and its always handy if you need to rob Peter to pay Paul:rofl:

Currently live 230 miles from it. Used to live 10 miles up the road from it.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
You'd be amazed if you happened to live around Coventry Nuneaton or Rugby how very little storage there is.... daughter's caravan now in storage near Thetford (on the way to their favourite CL) as they couldn't find anywhere at all with a vacancy big enough for their long, tag axle caravan around here once Pedley's closed. The other 2/300 people had the same problem. Next nearest would have been Bramcote, where there's acres of space but the council won't give permission for them to expand.

OP
OP
HugoBNB
Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
Same here. Going tomorrow and taking the car as it is sort of en-route to the supermarket. Ish.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
What I do generally is remove the leisure battery and take it home then it's easy to charge once in a while. The vehicle battery I leave it situ, so to the OP I would just swap where you have the solar and take the LB home. When reconnecting the LB remember its hydrogen drain tube and orient it properly

Nov 4, 2014
blackpool
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
After 3 months storage and not being able to visit .had to make a appointment wait two weeks to get slot.😃 brought it home good wash.inside and out. Clean the solar panel. Run up motorway and back to storage felt sad .and somehow felt, guilty of breaking lockdown 🙄😣

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
We had ours out of storage for the first time in 3 months to go for its first mot, from Airth to Broxburn in Scotland, batteries fully charged by the solar, started first time, no rust on brakes etc, drove fine, wouldn't have known it was sitting for so long! Oh and it passed its mot ok! Glad it wasn’t winter though, or could have been a different story.
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back