Storage advice please (1 Viewer)

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Hello fellow Funsters,

Sadly, I've got to put my MH into storage for the first time. Could some of you wise folks out there just offer me some tips and advice (storage for dummies) about what the best way to do that is, please?

Many thanks.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We now store ours in an inside storage facility about 15 mins away and find that much better than outside storage. When we had it stored outside we used a Caravan Club storage facility that was adjoined to one of their sites, an absolute nightmare, you had to adhere to certain times, couldn't work or wash the van on the facility either, much better where we are, 24 hour access with a card entry system.
Just as a side note, we tried a cover on our Caravan when we stored it outside, never again, with the wind constantly blowing the cover against the bodywork it left a lot of rub marks on the van so I personally wouldn't risk it with a motorhome.

Upvote 0

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
We store ours about 15 miles away but inside a locked barn . We also leave it on EHU for another £10 per year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusty Pumper

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the advice above. Duly taken note of.

It's things like what do i about keeping the leisure batteries charged? What about draining the water heater, and pipes and taps and precautions over winter. Simple stuff like that. As I said, storage for dummies! I've got 250w solar. I presume I've got to empty the van? Apologies for appearing dense. Doh!!

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We keep ours undercover in storage. Most important thing we have learnt on here is to drain all water which includes heater during winter months.
We have used ours during winter so batteries have remained ok.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Make sure there are no crumbs of food left anywhere or you will encourage mice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rusty Pumper

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
Thank you. All being well, that's what I've managed to sort out. I also found some useful data sheets on the Camping and Caravanning Club website with regards preparing for storing my lovely van.

Many thanks to one and all:
Funsters - I salute you!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back