Stopovers - Soria - Almazan - Alcolea del Pinear - Sacedon - Cuenca - Albacete (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Hi, I'm getting too familiar with the route down from San Sebastian to Almeria past Logrono, Teruel and Valencia, and, having more time this year for the journey down in November, am toying with taking the above route because it'll be different and I'd like to see Cuenca.

Has anyone done this route and could you recommend any quiet/safe places to stopover?

(If the weather forecast when I reach Haro/Logrono is poor, I'll revert to the usual A63/A68 route because it's kept clear of snow.)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi,

Although we only went through Medinecelli (on your route) on our bikes there is an aire there and the town is worth a visit. Can't comment on the quality of the aire tho'.

There is an aire in Cuenca but it has a chain across the entrance and we didn't know who to find to pay to enter. Maybe a bit of research needed for this. The town does look interesting.

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Thanks Judith, Medinaceli looks the right distance from Haro, my intended stopover for the night before. The next day will get me to Cuenca.

Norman & Ros

(looking forward to visiting Totana in the new Year!)

PS What was the Soria-Medinaceli road like? And did you travel the bit south from Medinaceli towards Albacete?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We were on bikes going from west to east on minor roads!

Don't know the roads there too well but N roads in Spain are generally good.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi,
we tried to stop at a Furgoperfecto recommended site in Soria but the town was heaving because it was their National Holiday.
we pressed on and spent the night at Almazan.
There is a huge car park on the left (approaching from the north). It is where the municipal bathing pool is. The pool has a bar/cafe. There is a restaurant opposite and there is public fountain/tap on site. We shared the car park with two other units that night. Enjoy.
Further, the following day we turned off the A2 E90 south of Medinaceli onto the N204, a road that runs through valleys filled with reservoirs (unfortunately empty until the winter rains come) There are some car parks off the side of the road that look ideal wilding places, and with a very small local pop. you are unlikely to be hassled. Further south is the village/town of Sacedon which has a Repsol with a tap and a "prom" like parking area where we saw a further two motorhomers parked up. Such was their position, crammed into a small layby type spot that I have no doubt that they had been there for the night.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Theres an aire in teruel.

Calle de Ramón José Sender
Plaza de la Guardia Civil
44002 TERUEL (Aragona)

Its not much more than a carpark right by the police station, but we had a very peaceful night there and a short walk into town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Thank you Emmitdb - good stuff.

Sacedon is supposed to have a campsite open in winter but the prom sounds like a good o/n spot if it turns out to be closed.

In what month did you do the trip and how was the N204 to drive along past those reservoirs?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Been, done that, Still here???
The trip started in Spain on the 10th Oct. We went through Alzaman on the Monday 13th? We went into the village and watched the ceremony taking place in Madrid in a local bar. Made very welcome.
By the way, the vilage 'Plaza' was AMAZING to my uncultured eyes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back