STOPOVERS IN DENMARK (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Going to Denmark for couple of weeks in August and wanted to know about overnight parking we will be staying on some campsites but is there anything like
Aires in France or can you wild camp also is the citi camp in Copenhagen still open
Any info most welcome thanks

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you looked at Campercontact online ?
All the info you need for campsites and camperstops throughout Europe and beyond

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
download the POIs (free) for your sat nav..

the phone app is also worthwhile as it has downloadable country maps so doesn't need a data connection to work..

all we use now..

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Be aware that if your Camper is over 3500kg, there are four environmental zones in Denmark. One is Copenhagen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
what are the implications,

do you pay or are you banned ?

You need a sticker that proves the vehicle is Euro 4 or better. Enter the zone without one, get caught, and the fine is €2700 at present.

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.

Fully agree, it is confusing. I hope that you are correct. Having said that...

Referring to the sentence in red, if you look on the danish language version of the site, the word "campingvogn" is used. In Denmark, thats a caravan. They use the word "autocamper" for motorhome. So I'm not sure any more what the correct answer is. I dont fancy taking a €27000 chance though.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Referring to the sentence in red, if you look on the danish language version of the site, the word "campingvogn" is used. In Denmark, thats a caravan. They use the word "autocamper" for motorhome.

Why would a caravan be considered for emission control?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Think this explains a bit
Information About the Danish EcoSticker
The EcoSticker has been introduced in Denmark on 1st of November 2011. It is mandatory for diesel Lorries and busses with a total weight of 3, 5 tons and more. The Danish environmental EcoSticker is recognizable by its green colour and is assigned for only one vehicle: the sticker bears the nationality and the registration plate of the vehicle. The EcoSticker, bearing the mention “Low Emission Zone” is not transferable and is not valid for several vehicles. Each vehicle must bear its own EcoSticker. It is indefinitely valid as long as the vehicle’s registration’s number doesn’t get modified
We did Denmark last spring without any problems although didn’t visit any big cities.

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.

If I read this correctly, then it it says to me that Motorhomes, irrespective of weight are exempt from needing the sticker. In other words, @Bailey58 is correct, and I was wrong in my earlier post. For that mistake, apologies. As the site is german owned, then I would assume that the original language it was written in is german, and the other languages translations from the original.

Go into the german language part, the sentence in red uses the word "wohnmobile" which means motorhome. Go into the danish language site, they use the word "campingvogn" which means caravan. My suspicion is that its just an incorrect translation.

Why would a caravan be considered for emission control?

They dont consider them for emission control, they exclude them. If, that is the danish language site is correct. It could be argued though that as a car pulling a caravan uses more fuel, emissions are higher.

Its just plain confusing!

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
Long time since I had a caravan but are there such over 3.5 tons?

Some of the bigger Airstreams weigh in over that. I would guess that many European ones do as well, if the weight of the tow vehicle is added.

OP
OP
sally47
Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for all your replies and discussions I never considered the Eco sticker as our van is over 3.5 tonnes
Been to Denmark many times as my wife is Danish but Ist time in motorhome so will get brother in law to make enquirers to be sure
And will post if any different from above
Another reason why we are glad to be funsters for all the help we get

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've spent the last month researching our (mainly) Norway trip and a week compiling a post looking for answers to various questions. Coming to a thread near you soon. :)

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
I've spent the last month researching our (mainly) Norway trip and a week compiling a post looking for answers to various questions. Coming to a thread near you soon. :)

Even if I am in Scandinavia on a regular basis, I'll look forward to your post. It will be interesting to compare notes.

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
Back to the OP (although the info re exemption for motor homes in Copenhagen etc was really useful)
-heading to Norway we stayed at a Camperstop nr Lokken Galleri Munkens ( nice gallery of modern art). V convenient for Hirtsals and the ferry. Also liked Ribe camping and Skyttehusets camping nr Silkeborg. We tended to chose Camperstops with WC as we only had a portapotty in the camper so there were probably other options that would have done as well if you didn't need a WC.

Flatlander

Free Member
Sep 25, 2017
Funster No
Exp
Since I was a toddler.
And your name crops up in my draft! :LOL:

Make sure it does then! :D You never know, we may even get the chance to meet up over there if times coincide.

Now theres an idea, a Funsters meet in Scandinavia.

OP
OP
sally47
Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Answer regards Eco sticker for Denmark direct from the horses mouth
No such thing until you weigh over 7.5 ton then you are classed as a truck

Wully

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer B524
Exp
Godot was inspired by the DVLA

News to me! I took my van over for a 5 week work trip there in July last year. Stayed initially in the CPH central campsite which wasn’t even officially open when I arrived but being Denmark they were very helpful and happy for a bunch of vans to stay. No one mentioned anything about emissions stickers..
The weather last summer was baking hot and the site had very rudimentary but functional services - and I was staying in a van with insulation and a bed but little else and only intended to camp for a couple of days until I got sorted with an air B and B.. Absolutely no shade on the site but excellent bus route to central CPH close by.
I drove around Sealand every weekend in and out of Copenhagen, chatted to folk at work and this sticker was never mentioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back