Stopover suggestions on the way to Nice (1 Viewer)

mikey2341

Free Member
Feb 22, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We're heading to France to follow the tour in July and we're aiming to be in Nice for the team time trial. Looking at the map its a bloomin long way from Calais to Nice, so hoping to have 2 stopovers on the way there. Can anyone recommend a route or somewhere good to stop on the way?

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
All the aires

This is invaluable:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well Calais and Nice both being eastern France I can't see any reason to go anywhere near Clermont F or Chateaudun really.

Calais - Reims - Dijon - Lyon - Avignon - Nice, sort of route, I'd have thought?

Not really 'done' that sid eof France though - well, not in the MoHo anyway.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
East of Troyes there's an overnight MH parking area close to a huge lake/reservoir on the Rue du Lac just above Mesnil-Saint-Pere, and it's free. No services though. Just a short detour off the autoroute towards Dijon. It's a good first stop after Calais.

Mapped panoramic pic here.

We used it for the first time last summer and we'd use it again. After that we'd planned to stop at one more spot near Montelimar, but we decided to press on all the way to the coast.

The Municipal Camping at Dijon's also OK, and it's worth hanging around for market day there.

Avignon's also worth a day visit - the aire's under the arches of the Pont Edouard Daladier and is not as appealing as the campsite about 100 metres away, which has loads of MH pitches and plenty of shade.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Well Calais and Nice both being eastern France I can't see any reason to go anywhere near Clermont F or Chateaudun really.

Calais - Reims - Dijon - Lyon - Avignon - Nice, sort of route, I'd have thought?

Not really 'done' that sid eof France though - well, not in the MoHo anyway.

Lol, geography isn't my strong point, even worse after finishing off the vin rouge we brought home :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back